2019 Free Agent Prospects

CBrownsman

10 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Isn't Irving 1 suspension away from a year long ban? Didnt we just wash ourselves of this? We should say away from that.

We washed ourselves away from a dude who (according to reports) didn’t show a work ethic and was a cancer in the locker room.

As far as him being suspended, maybe he is, maybe he isn’t, but that’s not all bad either.  Such a situation should allow for an extremely talented player to be signed at an extremely favorable price.

It’s not like anyone is suggesting signing him and depending on him to fix the DL.  Both @TheeRealDeal and myself both stated we’d want a pair of defensive linemen drafted in addition to signing him.  He’s just one piece of the puzzle.

Also, WR is a position where missing time can be an issue, especially if you haven’t worked with a QB before or much.  DL isn’t like that, it’s plug and play.

59 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Isn't Irving 1 suspension away from a year long ban? Didnt we just wash ourselves of this? We should say away from that.

He’s opened the season two years in a row with a 4 game suspension. Doesn’t really make sense to give him any kind of a big deal. I dunno what kind of a deal he would get. Probably very little guaranteed money.

I'm surprised by the amount of people touting veteran RBs. We have Chubb and Duke and can draft someone. RBs are a dime a dozen and a veteran on this team would be a waste of $$ even if it's a small amount. Look at Gus Edwards, Jaylen Samuels, Damien Williams, Josh Adams, etc. we can just grab whoever to be the 3rd RB. Bring in 2 for training camp and let them compete.

1 hour ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

I'm surprised by the amount of people touting veteran RBs. We have Chubb and Duke and can draft someone. RBs are a dime a dozen and a veteran on this team would be a waste of $$ even if it's a small amount. Look at Gus Edwards, Jaylen Samuels, Damien Williams, Josh Adams, etc. we can just grab whoever to be the 3rd RB. Bring in 2 for training camp and let them compete.

Yeah and I think Dorsey feels the same way after trading Hyde.

Id expect a day 3 pick to fight for the 3rd running back spot tbh.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah and I think Dorsey feels the same way after trading Hyde.

Id expect a day 3 pick to fight for the 3rd running back spot tbh.

Agree, I think it’s 50/50 at best that Chubb even gets a second deal here because he might be the best back in the league by then I don’t see Dorsey or DePodesta wanting to pay that much to a RB, they will just draft another one 

6 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Agree, I think it’s 50/50 at best that Chubb even gets a second deal here because he might be the best back in the league by then I don’t see Dorsey or DePodesta wanting to pay that much to a RB, they will just draft another one 

I could see it if he accepts a team friendly 2-3 year deal.  

The market for second contract running backs is never great, so it’s possible.

16 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

If he is the best back, they will keep him. If not, they will move on

On 1/4/2019 at 5:50 PM, hornbybrown said:

I think you are and they would be undervaluing Chubb.

I think Chubb is going to be special, important to what we achieve and pretty hard to replace with a "next guy" unless perhaps our OL becomes much more effective run-blocking.

14 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I really want to see us run chubb out of less stacked boxes. 

Baker is guna draw so many tacklers off chubb by teams wanting 7 not 8 in the box.

Jim Brown didn't even do well against stacked boxes.

Archived