Leisher's 2 for 1 2019 Packers Mock draft, 1-3-19.

jleisher

With our draft capital and a good chance at acquiring a playmaking Edge?  You don't address Edge until the third/fourth?!?  With these drafts Fack remains a starter and that is not acceptable next year.  Fack is a back up.

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

What's the logic of going OT with their first two picks?  One plays RT and the other plays OG?  That seems like bad value at best.

Who's more valuable, Spriggs, Bulaga, Williams, Taylor or Aaron Fricken Rodgers?  :D  The answer is Aaron Fricken Rodgers, that would make those picks more valuable cause your protecting the man.  We can not afford to have Rodgers hurt for the third year straight.  IMO, OL is the #1 need with Edge #2.  We need to protect our QB, the older he gets the more it's needed.  We can argue or discuss the value thing all night long.  Rodgers is the most valuable player on this team, protect him.

I've come to the conclusion that 50% of your posts on this forum are mock offseasons using fanspeak (It's clear fanspeak was used in these 2 scenarios you placed) 45% is defending the mocks you create and the other 5% is miscellaneous postings. :)

14 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I've come to the conclusion that 50% of your posts on this forum are mock offseasons using fanspeak (It's clear fanspeak was used in these 2 scenarios you placed) 45% is defending the mocks you create and the other 5% is miscellaneous postings. :)

That's a fair statement.  I like doing mocks, using many different big boards.  With everyone's big boards not being the same, the mocks turn out differently and gives a different option.  What I like to do is, before I do a mock, I figure out my team needs, which I also change up from mock to mock.  For me, it's all about the what ifs, realistic or not.  I wouldn't say defending the mocks, more like explaining my thoughts when I conducted that mock, that's all.  Do you have some better options on big boards to use?  I have used, Drafttek, Walter's Football, Draftblaster and Fanspeak's numerous boards.  When we get closer to April, I'll try to be more realistic.

14 hours ago, jleisher said:

Who's more valuable, Spriggs, Bulaga, Williams, Taylor or Aaron Fricken Rodgers?  :D  The answer is Aaron Fricken Rodgers, that would make those picks more valuable cause your protecting the man.  We can not afford to have Rodgers hurt for the third year straight.  IMO, OL is the #1 need with Edge #2.  We need to protect our QB, the older he gets the more it's needed.  We can argue or discuss the value thing all night long.  Rodgers is the most valuable player on this team, protect him.

You can find OL in later rounds other than the 1st but not so with EDGE guys.  Our All-Pro LT was found in the 4th round.

Honestly not a fan of the whole mock draft 1A and 1B. Put effort into one mock and add pictures and player stats and maybe a girl in no clothes or something. I like reading about players I haven’t heard of or researched and just a name doesn’t do anything for me.

21 hours ago, jleisher said:

There's a point where you're over-investing in that.  Assuming we go through that, you're looking at an OL of something along the lines of Bakh/Taylor/Linsley/Bulaga/Williams.  I mean, I'm all for investing in our OL but not when we have other needs.  If you take Jonah Williams with our natural first, there's no reason to draft another one before early Day 3.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's a point where you're over-investing in that.  Assuming we go through that, you're looking at an OL of something along the lines of Bakh/Taylor/Linsley/Bulaga/Williams.  I mean, I'm all for investing in our OL but not when we have other needs.  If you take Jonah Williams with our natural first, there's no reason to draft another one before early Day 3.

I can respect that.

Archived