Pittsburgh Flying Circus

Money

There is something rotten in this organization and the blame must be placed on Mike Tomlin. The underachieving and clown show has gone on long enough. We are the laughingstock of the league. Yanno it's like you can just be poorly run, and never have the talent, and it's never really that funny, but the true laughingstock is when you are better than every single team in the league year in and year out - for at least the past five years - and you fall short every year, because of the circus going on around you. It must be hard to run a circus, because the Steelers have been running a circus, and this circus is driving us into the ground. 

For me, the answer to every question is Mike Leach. According to the Bible [Phil Steele Preseason Guide], Washington State were predicted to have a bad year. And I don't think I picked them once all year. He took a guy Gardner Minshew, a graduate transfer, who was considering on being a coach and convinced him to play another year, and I thought he was a pretty damn good College QB, and they had a great year. The defense lost a lot of players but still they weren't that bad defensively. So, if you ask me, who do I think is a guy that can turn this ship around - it's the Pirate himself, Mike Leach. My offense would be the air raid style he runs because that will score points, and he's very smart and creative with play calls and design. He's smart so he'll also run that gimmicky **** and create plays we can't even imagine. Here's the thing. He'll call the plays. That eliminates the need for an OC. Therefore, you make Mike Munchak serve as the how should I say it the Run Game Coordinator. He's in charge of the OL and the run game, but his official title is Asst HC. Because people love titles. Suddenly, we have an identity. Leach in charge of the pass game and Munchak in charge of the running game and everyone does their job. Accountability. Yet, direction. Then wipe the rest of that **** clean.

Defensively. Wipe that **** clean. Jimmy Lake is an up an coming DC out of Washington. They promoted him this past year from DB coach, so he didn't leave, and the old DC serves as a co-role and sits up in the booth while Jimmy calls the plays. I like teamwork. Washington has been recruiting the best secondary since he's been there. Obviously, he knows what a NFL DB looks like. We - Me - You - the Steelers we don't have a ******* clue what this looks like. Just look at the players we've drafted. The Steelers seem to think it's a 40 yd dash thing, but it's not WR, as a matter of fact, it's the opposite of WR, as you are starting and stopping and turning and flipping your hips and jumping. This is an acceleration, agility thing, vert kind of thing. The composition of the legs is different than a track speed sprinter type. Shhhhh be veryyyy verrrryyy quiet. 

I'd pair Jimmy Lake with Rod Woodson and Rod can run my DB's. Hell, a HOF DB has to know a thing or two about technique. He has some coaching experience with the DB's. Rod also seems very personable and knowledgeable and brings that idol **** to the table. Like, hey, this is a HOF. I might want to listen to what he has to say here. That's a general guideline how I would envision the schematics.

In terms of personnel, it's nice to not be the lone wolf. You can't get caught in a Ben falling plateau. I get out now, because of the contract extension. And it's gotta be Jacksonville. There is no better landing spot. And I hear a guy by the name of Jalen Ramsey might be available for trade. Now, I might not know exactly the DNA of what makes up a NFL DB before he gets drafted. But it doesn't take more than one game to know that this son of a ***** is a God damn problem. The two INT's he had this year are probably two of the best DB plays I've ever seen in my life, especially the cover three look where he picked the ball off on a deep cross over the middle to AB when that wasn't even his zone. Like, there's nothing coming my way and ohhh Ben is looking at AB and to have the ability and intelligence to see it and then physical traits to drive on the ball and then the body control to flip and not let the ball hit the ground was something truly special. Noe he didn't . No. No. No. Sign me up. I need that. 

AB. Is a problem. Every time I think okay his play on the field is better than the problems and potential for more problems he just happens to have another blow up or problem. I've kind of reached a point where I'm sick of it. And he's goneeee. I like Miami here. Something along the lines of their 1st rd pick. Plus a 3rd rd pick next year. 

And then I like Kyler Murray. He is in between a Russell WIlson and Doug Flutie. It depends on how he measures in for the comparable. But like that winner. Good arm. Better legs. Better runner than thrower but good enough in terms of accuracy and arm strength to make the throws. He'll have bigger windows because of the legs. Playmaker. Smart. Intelligent player. He's just got this burst and you see that smoke flying out of his shoes as he blows by defenders and in a game played horizontally he can just lull you to sleep with that short ****, and that's when you hit them with the bomb down the field. He can hurt you short with the screens and QB RPO, and PA, so the defenders cheat, and that's when you hit them over the top. I didn't see the Bama game, but I hear he is not a NFL QB. Once I watch it I'll have a better look of him against NFL speed on defense. The good news is it'll knock him down in the draft. I still draft him - NO MATTER WHAT. Plus, maybe then the Buccos could trade for him.

So he can duel wield in Pittsburgh.

I am going to say what I've already said and what other people have said. Does Mike Tomlin deserve some blame over the current situation in seasonal results of this team? Absolutely.

Having said that Mike Tomlin can only do so much to punish a player he can only do so much to encourage players to be right and act right. He is not their parent he is not required by any regard to hold their hand and baby them. These are grown men charged with doing a job and paid very well to do that job. When it comes to seasonal results no matter how well paid these guys are success is Reliant on not just preparation and coaching but also talent and obviously we lack that. While it is Mike tomlin's job to make sure everyone is ducks are in a row it is the positional coaches job in the coordinators job to make sure that players are being taught proper techniques in the developed properly and that on game day Sunday or Monday or Thursday or even the occasional Saturday they are prepared to do what they need to do on the field. It is Kevin Colbert job to draft well in properly use free agency to improve the team. It is the Rooney families job to demand more of everyone.

Now the first question I think everyone should be asking me based on my opinion and I think it's a fair question is how do I know all of these things are not happening already? Simply put I don't.

I can speculate that Keith Butler and Kevin Colbert and Danny Smith and Joey Porter and Jerry olshansky have not done their job that Mike Tomlin has Benbeen Relient upon. I can speculate that Mike Tomlin has done a poor job in situations this season and that he needs to do better with discipline and with keeping the reins on his team. But in reality all I can do is speculate. However speculation or not I believe it is a very fair statement to make that no one individual person whether it be Mike Tomlin Keith Butler Kevin Colbert or and Antonio Brown deserves the blame for all the situations that have transgressed and are currently occurring. It takes an entire team to succeed and an entire team to fail and that happens from the very top to the very bottom and back up to the top again. So all of these threads and all of these comments and post about how the guy who should be held responsible is Mike Tomlin here's the thing Mike Tomlin isn't getting fired so all of the people truly believe that you might just want to move on to a new topic. However he has said that major changes are going to occur to the staff so I believe that both of your linebacker coaches possibly Danny Smith in the most definitely Keith Butler will not be a part of this team in 2019 when training camp commences. I also believe given the character issues swirling in the locker room allegedly that is those claims are true Antonio Brown will not be on the roster when training camp arrives.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I am going to say what I've already said and what other people have said. Does Mike Tomlin deserve some blame over the current situation in seasonal results of this team? Absolutely.

Having said that Mike Tomlin can only do so much to punish a player he can only do so much to encourage players to be right and act right. He is not their parent he is not required by any regard to hold their hand and baby them. These are grown men charged with doing a job and paid very well to do that job. When it comes to seasonal results no matter how well paid these guys are success is Reliant on not just preparation and coaching but also talent and obviously we lack that. While it is Mike tomlin's job to make sure everyone is ducks are in a row it is the positional coaches job in the coordinators job to make sure that players are being taught proper techniques in the developed properly and that on game day Sunday or Monday or Thursday or even the occasional Saturday they are prepared to do what they need to do on the field. It is Kevin Colbert job to draft well in properly use free agency to improve the team. It is the Rooney families job to demand more of everyone.

Now the first question I think everyone should be asking me based on my opinion and I think it's a fair question is how do I know all of these things are not happening already? Simply put I don't.

I can speculate that Keith Butler and Kevin Colbert and Danny Smith and Joey Porter and Jerry olshansky have not done their job that Mike Tomlin has Benbeen Relient upon. I can speculate that Mike Tomlin has done a poor job in situations this season and that he needs to do better with discipline and with keeping the reins on his team. But in reality all I can do is speculate. However speculation or not I believe it is a very fair statement to make that no one individual person whether it be Mike Tomlin Keith Butler Kevin Colbert or and Antonio Brown deserves the blame for all the situations that have transgressed and are currently occurring. It takes an entire team to succeed and an entire team to fail and that happens from the very top to the very bottom and back up to the top again. So all of these threads and all of these comments and post about how the guy who should be held responsible is Mike Tomlin here's the thing Mike Tomlin isn't getting fired so all of the people truly believe that you might just want to move on to a new topic. However he has said that major changes are going to occur to the staff so I believe that both of your linebacker coaches possibly Danny Smith in the most definitely Keith Butler will not be a part of this team in 2019 when training camp commences. I also believe given the character issues swirling in the locker room allegedly that is those claims are true Antonio Brown will not be on the roster when training camp arrives.

cool, when did he say that?

39 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I’m really starting to hate this site. 

The entire post is a troll. Or at least the legitimate thoughts of a severely retarded 17 year old going on 13 who has been around here for years.

But I don't know any Steelers site you're going to visit that's going to be better at the moment. The Steelers have been the laughing stocks of the NFL over the last month and a half.

For my part, I'm pretty consistent in what I want.

Guys, I understand this time for the Steelers is very rocky.  There seem to be a lot of issues within the organization and a lot of questions that need to be answered throughout the off-season.  Understandably, many Steelers and non-Steelers fans will have opinions on this matter and just because you do not agree with a particular post does not mean it is okay to insult other members personally.

@CKSteeler Don't reference a post and say a person is retarded just because you disagree with the post.  You've been around here for a very long time and know better than that.

@Money I see you don't have a lot of post, so just keep in mind that this site does not allow inappropriate language.  You have a very detailed post and it is obvious that you have thought deeply about the situation at hand, but make sure to keep it clean

=)

I've locked this topic.  In the future keep your comments to football.  If you think someone is trolling, contact your moderators @JDLefebvre or @steelcurtain29.  Do not make things worse by calling them names and insulting them.  Insults will not be tolerated here for any reason.

Also,  please remember you can put members on ignore and you won't see their posts. 

@Webmaster Thank you for the help here. I apologize for not being available for this. Things have been a bit hectic on my end lately with a new job and some other things (personal) but all is good. Usually, this sort of behavior hasn't been something that normally happens here. Also, big thank you to @showtime for being available to help out here; as I was at work (very busy day) and could not possibly respond to this in a more proper fashion.

@CKSteeler I'm disappointed in your response to this. You're a veteran here, and I know you know better.

I was about to hand out warnings, but if Webmaster has seen enough and said his peace; than I shall do so as well. In the future, WE ALL NEED TO BE BETTER. This topic is completely unacceptable and we all know better. We're adults. If we can't discuss this properly; then your future here may be short lived.

Archived