Charles Leno Signs 4 Year Extension

Chronickerr

2 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

LT is off the board for 1st round pick

Its going to be a WR in round one next year

I'm skeptical of that. OT, OLB (rusher), CB are all pretty major question marks at this time (OT less now with Leno being locked down but RT specifically). Granted I haven't done much diving into WR prospects, but there are so many rent-a-body players on here IDK who will be re-signed or what needs we will have.

19 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm skeptical of that. OT, OLB (rusher), CB are all pretty major question marks at this time (OT less now with Leno being locked down but RT specifically). Granted I haven't done much diving into WR prospects, but there are so many rent-a-body players on here IDK who will be re-signed or what needs we will have.

It is really a wait and see how the season plays out for a good amount of positions on the team. 

22 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

LT is off the board for 1st round pick

Its going to be a WR in round one next year

I would love to add a big time weapon for Trubisky but who is coming out who is a quality receiving talent? Courtland Sutton is the only guy who would really interest me as high as we will more than likely be picking and I'm not sure how he stacks up to guys like Arden Key as an OLB or even Christian Wilkins on the DL in terms of talent and need...if we are looking at talent alone I would still be more than happy to go LT with Connor Williams and you also have to consider Darwin James if he is on the board at safety.

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

It is really a wait and see how the season plays out for a good amount of positions on the team. 

Absolutely. If Amukamara and Fuller both show they are solid starters they can still be re-signed, someone opposite of Meredith might show they can be a solid #2, free agency might lead to a major pick up, etc. There is just so much that can and will change prior to the draft I just don't see how anyone can say they know what the first pick would be.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I would love to add a big time weapon for Trubisky but who is coming out who is a quality receiving talent? Courtland Sutton is the only guy who would really interest me as high as we will more than likely be picking and I'm not sure how he stacks up to guys like Arden Key as an OLB or even Christian Wilkins on the DL in terms of talent and need...if we are looking at talent alone I would still be more than happy to go LT with Connor Williams and you also have to consider Darwin James if he is on the board at safety.

I am intrigued by the group. Kirk, St. Brown, Ridley, Sutton are all solid prospects for the first, but I might be more intrigued to look at Callaway later since he likely will drop due to his off-field deals. Might be able to get him in the 4th like Dede Westbrook.

If you draft Williams are you plugging him in at LT and shifting Leno over, or starting him at RT and flipping? I think the "Leno can't play RT" is overplayed. He was bad there a few years ago, then took over for Bushrod and was still pretty bad. Took a step forward last year and was average at best, and hopefully would take another this year.

The breakdown of this contract makes it an excellent one for the Bears...in truth it's more like a 2 year fully guaranteed $14 contract...the next three years nothing is guaranteed after the 3rd day of the season in year 3 and nothing at all is guaranteed in year's 4 & 5...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-charles-leno-bears-contract-money-20170828-story.html

Base salary $1.797 million (fully guaranteed)

Signing bonus $4.5 million (fully guaranteed)

Roster bonus $2.5 million (fully guaranteed)

Base salary $4.9 million (fully guaranteed)

Workout bonus $100,000

Base salary $7.9 million ($4.303 million guaranteed for injury only, $7.9 million total becomes fully guaranteed third day of league year)

Workout bonus $100,000

Escalator $250,000 if named to Pro Bowl or first team All-NFL

Base salary $7.9 million

Workout bonus $100,000

Base salary $8.9 million

Workout bonus $100,000

Charles Leno is underrated if anything.  He is not a great player and had some bad games, but he has been pretty darn good in a lot of games and just as important stayed remarkably healthy and available where most of league and this team has not.

You know how much worse this team would be if he went down this season?  It would be a train wreck.  They have terrible depth at tackle and have for 3 years running at least.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Charles Leno is underrated if anything.  He is not a great player and had some bad games, but he has been pretty darn good in a lot of games and just as important stayed remarkably healthy and available where most of league and this team has not.

You know how much worse this team would be if he went down this season?  It would be a train wreck.  They have terrible depth at tackle and have for 3 years running at least.

Compton is a Pro.

He is a HOF compared to Mike Adams.

Archived