Let's Fix This Team 2019 Edition Mock Draft

taylor made

Okay for two years in a row our Offense is projected to be a complete wasteland. When I mocked Calvin Ridley to our team before we acquired Paul Richardson, I knew our team's offense would struggle with Alex Smith not having a top receiver on the team. We finished 27th on offense and it just wasn't pretty to watch. So I am going to focus this draft on a rebuild on the offensive side of the ball. I think the team could build a potential young offense in one draft along with a hopefully healthy Derrius Guice returning.

ROUND ONE, PICK #15 - QB, Daniel Jones - Duke

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6ePVcIH-6gVUN4K2APe2

This team has absolutely nothing to lose by grabbing a quarterback. I think Jones is the best one after Haskins. We have a lot of offensive line players in place and we'd be losing a lot of players' development if we wait another year on grabbing a quarterback. Jones has the size to sustain the NFC East and I think he would be a good fit for the team

ROUND TWO - LG Daryl Williams, Miss. St.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV3Wgh8TYBvjDDx1Zo87u

I think everyone knows that the LG spot has been a joke during the Gruden regime. And if you draft a rookie QB, I think it would be smart to rely on the run game with Derrius Guice. Daryl Williams seems like a solid LG prospect, but he might move down after the combine. Regardless I think this team needs to take a LG with its first four picks. However, this isn't the greatest draft for the guard position so it might be easier said than done.

ROUND THREE - WR Riley Ridley, Georgia

7_8022275.jpg

Ridley I think will be a relatively safe pick to perform in the NFL much like his brother was. He might not test very well at the combine like his brother so I think he should be available in the third round. We might have the worst WR corps in the league and I wouldn't be mad if the team picks one up in round one however this draft has tremendous depth at the position.

ROUND THREE, SECOND PICK - WR David Sills, West Virginia

5a135a781f97e.image.jpg?resize=400,443

Like I said in the Ridley description, this draft is absolutely loaded at WR so I think it might be smart to stockpile some decent prospects. While Ridley might be a safer draft pick, I think Sills has more potential if he can put it all together. Doctson and even Paul Richardson have been disappointing and both of their jobs are on the line this season imo. We'll see at the combine what Sills can offer, but right now I think this is a fun pick since this kid is somewhat of a local as well.

DEPTH CHART *Rough - I'm doing this late at night so I'm sure there will be some mistakes. Just a Rough Depth Chart

FA - Resign Preston Smith, Crowder, Clinton Dix & AP if cap space. Cut Josh Norman if you need to sign these players.

QB. Daniel Jones/Alex Smith/Josh Johnson

RB. Derrius Guice/Adrian Peterson/Chris Thompson

WR. Paul Richardson/Josh Doctson/Jamison Crowder/Riley Ridley/Davis Sills/Trey Quinn/Cam Sims

TE. Jordan Reed/Jeremy Sprinkle/Day3 Draft pick?

LT. Trent William/Geron Christian

LG. Daryl Williams

C. Chase Roullier

RG. Brandon Scherff

RT. Morgan Moses 

DEFENSE

Pretty much the same as last season. Cut Josh Norman if you need cap space for Preston Smith and Clinton-Dix

Great write up.

1) I dunno if Stills lasts that late. Great if he does though

2) Why do we need cap space for Preston Smith?

3) Not sure I love going back to back on 2nd tier WRs, but I know it's a need. Probably best to go early / late. 

I just cannot stand Daniel Jones. I think he is overhyped. He has a lot of mechanics issues. Its the same for those that think that Will Grier is going to be great. If anyone, if available, Drew Lock, but I am not on board with a first round pick at QB. The rest of the team needs to be ready and we have to many question marks and holes that need attention. 

2 guys to watch out for in the middle rounds at QB:

Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State

Easton Stick, QB, North Dakota State

18 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I just cannot stand Daniel Jones. I think he is overhyped. He has a lot of mechanics issues. Its the same for those that think that Will Grier is going to be great. If anyone, if available, Drew Lock, but I am not on board with a first round pick at QB. The rest of the team needs to be ready and we have to many question marks and holes that need attention. 

I have to say, taking a mid-round QB or late round QB is more enticing to me than taking a QB in round 1 because I believe there's quite a drop off after Haskins, but I do like Jones’ size accuracy and arm strength.

I don't know how much this fits, but when I watch him, he reminds me of Flacco. He’s not great, but a very good steady Eddie with a strong arm and good deep ball. 

If we have a good running game with AD, Guice and Thompson, and continue to build a good defense, I think Jones can have us in the playoffs or at least be a playoff contender every year, and maybe one year if everything goes right - like the Ravens in 2012 - we can win the whole damn thing with Jones as our QB in 5 years!

23 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I honestly can't decide where I am on either one. I like both Grier and Jones, but not good enough for 1st rounders nor do I think will they ever be the answer. But I think both can definitely be better than what we have. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I honestly can't decide where I am on either one. I like both Grier and Jones, but not good enough for 1st rounders nor do I think will they ever be the answer. But I think both can definitely be better than what we have. 

I think Clayton Thorson is better than what we have.

Honestly with everyone seemingly coming back I think it’s highly unlikely we take a first round QB.  I’m also not keen on spending all 3 of our top picks on offense. We need to replace Preston Smith, sticking with him is a mistake.  This draft is stacked with pass rushers.

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

I think Clayton Thorson is better than what we have.

I don’t. Let's not overrate the QBs in the draft class just because we don't have a top 10 QB on our roster anymore. I think all of the QBs in this draft class are going to struggle a lot as young QBs except perhaps, Haskins bc he has so much natural arm talent.

Archived