Mock Offseason

hoekd0250

Head Coach: Josh McDaniels

OC: Tom Clements

DC: Mike Pettine

Cap Space: 31.1M

Not Resigned:

Randall Cobb - Injuries not worth a contract.

Clay Mathews - Overruns more plays than he makes.

Cut:

Tramon Williams - Saved ( 4.75M ) Clearly Lost a step and cant play corner, and doesn't have the ability to be consistent in the run game at safety.

Mason Crosby - Saved (3.6M ) Need more consistency.

Bryan Bulaga - ( 6.75M ) Injuries have caught up to him.

New Cap: 46.5M

Resigned:

Bashaud Breeland - ( 3 years / 21M )

Jake Ryan - ( 2 years / 4M)

Ibraheim Campbell - ( 2 year / 2.75M )

New Cap: 36.125M

Restricted Free Agents:

Lucas Patrick

Adam Panky

Justin McCray

Robert Tonyan

Jake Kumerov

Geronimo Allison

Kentrell Brice - Camp cut hopefully.

Free Agents:

Max Williams (TE) - ( 3 years / 6M )

Preston Smith (OLB) - ( 4 years / 40M )

New Cap Room: (24.125M) Doesn't include Restricted Free Agent Salaries and Draft Picks.

Draft:

Round 1: Pick

Christian Wilkins - (DE) Clemson

Round 1 (Saints Pick)

Nassir Adderly - (FS) Delaware

He is rising up draft boards and will be an All Pro.

Round 2:

Chris Lindstrom - (OG) Boston College

Round 3:

D'Andre Walker - (OLB) Georgia

Round 4:

Benny Snell Jr. -  (HB) Kentucky

Round 4:

Irv Smith Jr.  -  (TE) Alabama

Round 5:

Austin Seibert - (K) Oklahoma

Round 6:

Anthony Johnson - (WR) Buffalo

Round 7:

Calvin Throckmorton - (OT) Oregon

Honestly, I really don't even know where to begin.  Let's start at the beginning.

Do you really think the Packers are going to roll over $20M in cap space?  This is EXACTLY why the Packers aren't going to move on from Mason Crosby and Bryan Bulaga without NFL-ready replacements.  I'd probably even lump Tramon Williams in that group as well.  Going into last season, only 4 teams carried over $20M+ with those teams being Cleveland, Jacksonville, San Francisco, and Tennessee.  Right now, we only have four teams that are projected to carry over $20M+ with Cleveland ($53.6M), Indianapolis ($49.4M), San Francisco ($34.8M), and Tennessee ($24.8M).  I can pretty much assure you that the Packers won't keep $20M to rollover into next year.  Green Bay has usually rolled over around $6M plus or minus a few million.  They rolled over ~$4M from 2017 and $8M in 2016.

So...we draft no OT in the first two rounds, and go into 2019 with a starting OL of Bakh/Lane Taylor/Corey Linsley/???/???.  Are we going to go through musical chairs on the OL instead of using Bryan Bulaga?  What exactly are we doing with the cap space that we're cutting Bulaga for?  I don't trust Spriggs enough for me to consider that, and our depth is shot if we do that as well.  And the lack of EDGE selection until the 4th is alarming.  We need at least one EDGE who can account for 400/500 snaps, and that's assuming Nick Perry is healthy.  Are you willing to gamble on that?

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I really don't even know where to begin.  Let's start at the beginning.

Do you really think the Packers are going to roll over $20M in cap space?  This is EXACTLY why the Packers aren't going to move on from Mason Crosby and Bryan Bulaga without NFL-ready replacements.  I'd probably even lump Tramon Williams in that group as well.  Going into last season, only 4 teams carried over $20M+ with those teams being Cleveland, Jacksonville, San Francisco, and Tennessee.  Right now, we only have four teams that are projected to carry over $20M+ with Cleveland ($53.6M), Indianapolis ($49.4M), San Francisco ($34.8M), and Tennessee ($24.8M).  I can pretty much assure you that the Packers won't keep $20M to rollover into next year.  Green Bay has usually rolled over around $6M plus or minus a few million.  They rolled over ~$4M from 2017 and $8M in 2016.

So...we draft no OT in the first two rounds, and go into 2019 with a starting OL of Bakh/Lane Taylor/Corey Linsley/???/???.  Are we going to go through musical chairs on the OL instead of using Bryan Bulaga?  What exactly are we doing with the cap space that we're cutting Bulaga for?  I don't trust Spriggs enough for me to consider that, and our depth is shot if we do that as well.  And the lack of EDGE selection until the 4th is alarming.  We need at least one EDGE who can account for 400/500 snaps, and that's assuming Nick Perry is healthy.  Are you willing to gamble on that?

FWIW I'm guessing that's where the signing of Preston Smith comes in.

9 minutes ago, hoekd0250 said:

We aren't rolling over 20m the restricted free agents and draft picks come out of that more like we roll over 8-10M. 

Using the OTC calculator:

Lucas Patrick - $645k (ERFA)
Adam Pankey - $570k (ERFA)
Justin McCray - $645k (ERFA)
Robert Tonyan - $570k (ERFA)
Jake Kumerow - $570k (ERFA)

Between those five, you're dropping your cap space by $3M.  Then you look at the RFA tenders:

1st Round - $4.429M
2nd Round - $3.11M
ROFR - $2.035M

So that means MAX you're looking at around $11.9M for all of your ERFA and RFA tenders.  Minimum, you're looking at $7.1M in committed salaries.  That's still rolling over $12M, which doesn't include any money you save by pulling those QO and ERFA tenders if they're camp cuts.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I agree Bulaga will be back but they will address OT in the first two rounds

Archived