Wildcard Playoff Round

Leader

Twitter tidbit:

Say you want about the Bears kicker, but they led 15-10 with 4:48 left and their top-ranked NFL defense gave up a 12-play, 60-yard TD drive (the TD coming on a 4th down). That was the game. BTW: The #NFL's 1st, 2nd and 4th ranked defenses were one and done this weekend

3 hours ago, 66PinG said:

Foles is the new Kurt Warner....

i love the guy, all he does is find ways to win in the playoffs..

i can see the Eagles playing in the SB again because of him, only because of him.

so, yes, I believe in Nick. Once ridiculed as a bust..

I am rooting for him.

If Foles runs the table again how do you go back to Carson Wentz next year?

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting comment, but whats the basis for his thinking?

If they would have 'let' the Vikings win last week the Eagles would have been eliminated and they supposedly could have beaten the Vikings this week.

2 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

If they would have 'let' the Vikings win last week the Eagles would have been eliminated and they supposedly could have beaten the Vikings this week.

Ahhhhh....got it. Thanks.
Well - you play to win the game. They did last week. They could/should have this week - but didnt.
Best of both worlds for Packer fans. MN didnt make the playoffs and CHI did a 1+done.

I guess GB will have to make a comeback next year and represent for the NFC North. Nobody else seems capable :)

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting comment, but whats the basis for his thinking?

Vikings and Captain Kirk were a much better match up versus a seasoned Eagles team. I'm not saying they should have tanked last week, but IMO, the Bears walk all over the Vikings yesterday. Just fell the wrong way for them.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Twitter tidbit:

Say you want about the Bears kicker, but they led 15-10 with 4:48 left and their top-ranked NFL defense gave up a 12-play, 60-yard TD drive (the TD coming on a 4th down). That was the game. BTW: The #NFL's 1st, 2nd and 4th ranked defenses were one and done this weekend

All at their home also.

52 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

True Statement.

It is. Who would you rather face: the defending SB champs with the SB MVP or the Vikings with Kirk Cousin? The Eagles had won 5 of their last 6 games, their only loss coming in OT at Dallas. Why would you want to face that team over Minnesota? 

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Worth noting...

Winning teams held their opponents to 15, 7, 17 and 22 points.

Tell me again defense isn't more important than offense in playoff football.

When you look at pts/G

#12 beat #1 (Eagles over Bears)

#8 beat #2 (Chargers over Ravens)

#10 beat #4 (Colts over Texans)

The Cowboys were the only team to beat a team ranked lower than them in pts/G (#6 vs #11). 

The next round should be even more interesting. The Rams are 20th in pts/G allowed and the Chiefs 24th. 

Rams vs Cowboys (#20 vs #6)

Chiefs vs Colts (#24 vs #10)

Pats vs Chargers (#7 vs #8)

Saints vs Eagles (#14 vs #12)

Also, it doesn't hurt that he seems to have the entire team backing him.

The Eagles players seem to absolutely believe in him. For me, this outweighs whatever talent superiority that CW supposedly has.

You cannot win the games if you are on the bench.

Archived