Wildcard Playoff Round

Leader

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's even more proof that off-ball LBs really aren't going to make an impact.  What made our 2010 defense work?  Our corners are what made it work.  Clay Matthews and Nick Collins certainly helped, but you could plug any decent LBs in there and we're still an impactful defense.  You take Charles Woodson out of that lineup, and replace him with a league average corner, and our defense uffers drastically.

And I think you're underestimating how good of an athlete LVE is.  He was in the top 20% percentile in all the agility tests amongst LBs.  He was an incredible athlete.  Those players don't grow on trees.

Fair points, but I'd argue Bishop was above "decent." He was very solid in 2010, just not a special athlete. 

I get that LVE is a special athlete and those guys are rare which is why I don't think we are going to really improve the position with a day 3 pick. If we're lucky, maybe we get another Martinez, but if the right guy is there earlier in the draft, I'm pulling the trigger. Not going to reach but it all depends on the board and I'm not devaluing a guy on the board simply because he plays ILB.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Watch the Colts hold the Chiefs of 13 points and score 27, then hold the Ravens to 6 points and score 30, then hold the Saints to 20 and score 24 and have everybody give Nelson the credit.

Colts just won that game by absolutely dominating on defense.  Nelson helped, but the Colts defense is way overachieving right now.  

Malik Hooker was a damn good pick.

In other words, don'g give credit to the guys at the positions I said don't draft, only pay attention to the one I do think is important. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Every time I see a team come up just short against Seattle at the goalline I have a terrible flashback of Kuhn's TD in the NFCCG being overturned and then us settling for 3....

Let it go.....let it go.....

That game turned on the the botched onside kick.
Catch it - uncontested - its over. He didnt catch it. Oh well.

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Second, if you were twice as smart as you think you are you'd still only be half as smart as me. Also, if there is a 70% chance of making 1 out of 2, I don't believe it's that high, you're still at a lower percentage then the odds of making 2 extra points. The odds clearly are not in your favor which is why so few coaches do this. 

You think you're the smartest guy here, but your just a dumb ***! 

@CWood21

Archived