Vita Vea named to PFF all-rookie team

bucsfan333

Not bad for someone who missed eight weeks.

Also, apparently he had 27 QB pressures to go with his three sacks. Which is pretty impressive when you consider how long it took him to get comfortable and realize he only played 13 games; and he wasn't playing much at all in his first few games.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not bad for someone who missed eight weeks.

Also, apparently he had 27 QB pressures to go with his three sacks. Which is pretty impressive when you consider how long it took him to get comfortable and realize he only played 13 games; and he wasn't playing much at all in his first few games.

Bust, 2 down player.  Licht has shown a willingness to sign high ceiling lower floor prospects.  Vea fit that bill with the tag of 2 down run stopper by some coming out of college

Also point out who the hell knows what DJ would have looked like in our scheme with our coaching xD ...    I mean Gus Bradley has really done a great job with him and is using him to his strengths.   For all we know our coaches would have had him playing center field which I dont think he excels at.

3 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Also point out who the hell knows what DJ would have looked like in our scheme with our coaching xD ...    I mean Gus Bradley has really done a great job with him and is using him to his strengths.   For all we know our coaches would have had him playing center field which I dont think he excels at.

He would've been behind Conte to start the year anyway. 😂

The guy has still only played 13 games. Let's not act like we know what we're getting year in/out with him yet. Gonna take a couple seasons...

I'm glad he finished strong and was one of our best players down the stretch, but let's not vote him into the HOF yet lol...

Justin Evans is a good example of this...

3 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

The guy has still only played 13 games. Let's not act like we know what we're getting year in/out with him yet. Gonna take a couple seasons...

I'm glad he finished strong and was one of our best players down the stretch, but let's not vote him into the HOF yet lol...

Justin Evans is a good example of this...

Evans was decent this year. He had his ups and downs. But the sophomore slump hits lots of guys and the beginning of the year was a mess for everyone.

Players called out Mike Smith for calling coverages that hadn't been practiced at all or hadn't been practiced since the first week of camp. 😂

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Evans was decent this year. He had his ups and downs. But the sophomore slump hits lots of guys and the beginning of the year was a mess for everyone.

Players called out Mike Smith for calling coverages that hadn't been practiced at all or hadn't been practiced since the first week of camp. 😂

I have no issue with Evans either.  Toe injuries can be nasty.  He damn near broke his back making a play against Philly.  Evans plays with great effort, can t wait to see him healthy.

I wanted Vea to be the pick at 7 overall. It was a good pick and trade back, and, he will be great I believe... but man it hurts to see Derwin James, whom most had us picking, make the first team All Pro as a rookie... 

34 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I wanted Vea to be the pick at 7 overall. It was a good pick and trade back, and, he will be great I believe... but man it hurts to see Derwin James, whom most had us picking, make the first team All Pro as a rookie... 

I wanted Minkah Fitzpatrick. Who clocked like the fourth fastest top speed in the NFL this year. 😁

But I'm happy with Vea. And I was against the pick at the time.

14 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I have no issue with Evans either.  Toe injuries can be nasty.  He damn near broke his back making a play against Philly.  Evans plays with great effort, can t wait to see him healthy.

I'm actually huge fan of Evans. I loved the pick when we made it. He looked like he could be stud at end of his rookie season, then regressed some and then rebounded but dealt with injuries as well. He's just starting to figure out his identity and I think with a new staff, he can take that next step.

My point was, as good as Vea was in limited time, we can probably expect the league adjusts to him some next season, so lets not just pencil him down for 10+ sacks and 1st team all pro....

Archived