Brent Grimes admits to not wanting to play because of how he was being used

warfelg

1 hour ago, Malik said:

You'd play for half your market value? 

That’s not his market value tho....

He signed March of last year. I’m assuming he took the best offer, or at least the offer he preferred. That’s a pretty clear indication of his market value.

14 million a year is Brent Grimes self perceived market value, no one else’s.

6 minutes ago, Malik said:
9 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Softest thing Ive read in a while. Give me 7 million, Ill go shadow AB

You'd play for half your market value? 

You think Grimes market value is $14m per?

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

You think Grimes market value is $14m per?

Absolutely not. If HE believes that's what it is there's no reason to play for something that's half of that though. He's mad enough money where he can make philosophical stands.

3 minutes ago, Malik said:

Absolutely not. If HE believes that's what it is there's no reason to play for something that's half of that though. He's mad enough money where he can make philosophical stands.

No one forced him to play for that amount.  Could have just retired then.

8 minutes ago, Malik said:

Well sure, I’ll agree with that. It’s always up to the individual to decide if the compensation is worth the work.

But players overvalue themselves all the time, that doesn’t mean they’re playing for half their market value. He’s not worth $14m cause he’s a CB1 just like Blake Bortles isnt worth $30m just cause he’s a QB1.

I’m glad he’s retiring, he’s always had Brees number. Like that time he jumped 12’ into the air to pick him off.

Loved Grimes when he was here in Miami but he always seemed to be a bit of a headcase to me.

I understand when guys want to be paid more due to injury risk and stuff of that nature. But complaining because you're not being paid enough to do your job? Cmon man.

This isn't going to help his case in UFA.

Archived