Brent Grimes admits to not wanting to play because of how he was being used

warfelg

Guess we would have to get used to receivers refusing to play if they faced good cornerbacks, or how about a QB who doesn't want to play against good defenses, or pass rushers who won't go up against starters but only backups.

Never was a fan og Bent Grimes as the guy always struck me as a talented idiot.

I know this is a pile-on session, but you guys might want to look things up before coming in guns blazing:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401030805

Grimes played against the Steelers, and if he did shadow Antonio Brown, he did a decent job (6 catches for 50 yards and a TD). It sounds to me like Grimes is griping about being underpaid (from his perspective).

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Poor Grimes and his... *squints* $61.8 million in career earnings

Yeah, you're now shifting the narrative. I don't really care to argue over whether or not Grimes is worth as much as he thinks (he's not). My point was that this thread and the posters in it were acting as if Grimes refused to play. That's not accurate.

11 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Grimes is a turd.

Plus he's about the size of a turd.

I hope he doesn't find work next year. I'm betting we have seen the last of Brent and his skanky side piece.

How exactly is she his "skanky side piece" when they are married? L-O-L......

And yes, folks are missing the point here. He just felt for what he was getting paid that he didn't expect to have true #1 CB responsibilities. Figured if they were paying him $7 million, then he would just play his side. You could definitely say he got paid his worth, but he's a proud corner who's been playing top level ball for years. And he's always had that chip on his shoulder being an undersized undrafted CB that ended up becoming a four time Pro Bowler. Grimes has had a great career all things considered, but he may not get another shot after this season. Oh well...........

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Guy had a promising start to his career. Too bad his wife is wacko and likely effecting him.

Or, hear me out, they're both crazy and he doesn't speak his mind often because he's afraid of repercussions. Instead, he lets his wife lash out all the time because no one can hold him accountable for his wife's words and they'll just call her crazy, but him and her shared the same opinions the entire time. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I know this is a pile-on session, but you guys might want to look things up before coming in guns blazing:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401030805

Grimes played against the Steelers, and if he did shadow Antonio Brown, he did a decent job (6 catches for 50 yards and a TD). It sounds to me like Grimes is griping about being underpaid (from his perspective).

I believe he gave up a 40 yarder to Juju too. He got picked on most of the game.

Archived