Brent Grimes admits to not wanting to play because of how he was being used

warfelg

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, you're now shifting the narrative. I don't really care to argue over whether or not Grimes is worth as much as he thinks (he's not). My point was that this thread and the posters in it were acting as if Grimes refused to play. That's not accurate.

I didn't have a narrative, can't speak for others in this thread, just pointing out that Grimes' complaints about how NFL teams treat him / behave needs a bit of perspective.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s a vet and the 22nd highest paid corner in the league this past season (if I counted right, there’s a lot of rows lol)

https://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/2018/ 

If he’s not qualified to cover a receiver, who is??

"Shadow" is the key word here, not cover. The bigger story is Mike Smith. They played Pittsburgh while he was still employed as the DC. No friggin wonder he was fired, trying to have Brent Grimes shadow Antonio Brown lmao. Grimes' quote is newsworthy, but I find Mike Smith's incompetence much more interesting here.

The thing is, he understood what role he was going to be asked to fulfil when he signed his contract. Our CBs going into last season consisted of two disappointing third year players and two rookies, so he understood the expectations.

This is a straight up business decision which is reflective of the “business decisions” he made every time a ball carrier got within a few yards of him.

This also could explain why we left Ryan Smith on Julio Jones last season.

I can’t see any team wanting to pick him up after this. He was being actively targeted by offences towards the end of the season and he’s been hinting at retirement every year he’s been in Tampa. He’s done.

It sums up the Koetter era that he wasn’t held accountable for his refusal to do what was asked. 

8 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

"Shadow" is the key word here, not cover. The bigger story is Mike Smith. They played Pittsburgh while he was still employed as the DC. No friggin wonder he was fired, trying to have Brent Grimes shadow Antonio Brown lmao. Grimes' quote is newsworthy, but I find Mike Smith's incompetence much more interesting here.

How would you have gameplanned for Brown using the scheme and personnel Tampa used/ had?

3 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

"Shadow" is the key word here, not cover. 

Why? 

He’s in the upper 15% (22nd our of roughly 150 corners league wide, at a minimum) of compensation for his position and a starter for his team.  If the coach feels their best shot at them winning is for him to shadow AB, why shouldn’t he? 

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
18 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I hope he doesn't find work next year. I'm betting we have seen the last of Brent and his skanky side piece.

How exactly is she his "skanky side piece" when they are married? L-O-L......

I think he meant it like she is his side kick essentially. 

Wasn't Grimes the one that got stiff armed by Vance McDonald? 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I think he meant it like she is his side kick essentially. 

Wasn't Grimes the one that got stiff armed by Vance McDonald? 

Nah that was Chris Conte.  Maybe the aftershocks hit Grimes it was so hard.

Archived