Sign in to follow this  
theJ

Welcome to the new forum!

25 posts in this topic

theJ    50

Welcome everyone to the new forum!  Hopefully you find the new digs accommodating.

image-association-page-talk-tennis-fc807

You'll find there's a lot of new features to look at and test out.  @CWood21 has done a nice of putting together a guide to the new features.  Check it out in the link below.

The forum rules are the same as before, and we've never had much of a problem in here, so i won't go over them.  If you need to reference them, they're at the top under Browse -> Guidelines.

Happy posting!

theJ    50

Want to make sure everyone saw this:

One of the focuses in the transition to the new forum will be avoiding the "beast" threads.  Those 50 page topics that cover everything from AJ Green's catch of the day to season predictions.  We want our threads to have a good focus on a singular topic so we can better increase conversation.  I'll be liking posts that i feel generate good discussion, especially new topics.  We want to bring some good discussion back to the team forums so we have lively conversation during the season.

MrCincinnati    27
3 hours ago, theJ said:

Want to make sure everyone saw this:

One of the focuses in the transition to the new forum will be avoiding the "beast" threads.  Those 50 page topics that cover everything from AJ Green's catch of the day to season predictions.  We want our threads to have a good focus on a singular topic so we can better increase conversation.  I'll be liking posts that i feel generate good discussion, especially new topics.  We want to bring some good discussion back to the team forums so we have lively conversation during the season.

Will I still be allowed to post gameday threads?

theJ    50
2 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

Will I still be allowed to post gameday threads?

Oh for sure.  Just trying to avoid the big "Offseason discussion" threads and the like.  Gameday threads are a given.

INbengalfan    33

I really like the new format.  One question though.  How do  I log in staright to the site without going back to the email link over and over

theJ    50
9 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I really like the new format.  One question though.  How do  I log in staright to the site without going back to the email link over and over

I just keep it open.  You could bookmark it too.  When you log in, there should be an option to keep you logged in.  Check that.

theJ    50

Woo!  Duke and Ocho signed up for the beta.  More Bengals posters...

I don't even know how to handle such a new site. I was wondering why the old site was not getting much action. 

MrCincinnati    27
7 hours ago, theJ said:

Woo!  Duke and Ocho signed up for the beta.  More Bengals posters...

Any sign of London yet? He's been gone a while.

theJ    50
6 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I don't even know how to handle such a new site. I was wondering why the old site was not getting much action. 

It's dead over there and getting deader by the day. Won't be long now...

37 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

Any sign of London yet? He's been gone a while.

I sent him a few PMs. Hope he shows up soon. 

INbengalfan    33

They have announced a full switch over date on the original site.  Won't that mean that anyone can log directly into it?

theJ    50
1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

They have announced a full switch over date on the original site.  Won't that mean that anyone can log directly into it?

On that date, the old forum will go to read only.  Anyone who hasn't switched over yet will get an email with their new password and a link to this site.  Those who haven't updated their emails are going to be very confused.  I PM'd everyone i could think of in our forum, but the response has been minimal.

MrCincinnati    27
10 hours ago, theJ said:

On that date, the old forum will go to read only.  Anyone who hasn't switched over yet will get an email with their new password and a link to this site.  Those who haven't updated their emails are going to be very confused.  I PM'd everyone i could think of in our forum, but the response has been minimal.

I'm not sure what you mean about the "updated emails" thing. Do we have to all have new emails or something? This won't affect any user that's already on here, right? Also because you said this is a beta, will all the topics that have been posted on her so far be deleted?

theJ    50
55 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

I'm not sure what you mean about the "updated emails" thing. Do we have to all have new emails or something? This won't affect any user that's already on here, right? Also because you said this is a beta, will all the topics that have been posted on her so far be deleted?

No everything will stay.  Think of it as early access.  A lot of the alpha stuff was deleted when the mods first came over, but beta stuff stays.

As for emails, you are good.  I just mean that if someone used some AOL email to sign up 8 years ago and has since migrated to something more current, they need to update their email.  Otherwise they won't get an invite when this forum "goes live".