PRESEASON TEAM AWARDS - Defensive Player of the Year

EL Brownso

Cleveland Browns Defensive Player of the Year  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Defensive Player of the Year?

• Joe Haden
    • Danny Shelton
    • Myles Garrett
    • Jamie Collins
    • BBC
    • Jamar Taylor
    • Jabrill Peppers
    • Emmanuel Ogbah
    • Christian Kirksey
    • Other (Please state the players name within your reply below)

Time for our third edition of the preseason awards. This time it will be the BROWNS Defensive Player of the year. For the team. Not the NFL. So please determine who you think the best player on the defensive side of the ball for the Cleveland Browns will be. 

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Joe the show 

why is Haden on this??

I like Schobert. Just don't know if he will be on the field enough. I expect most of the time we are in a two LBer set with Collins and Kirksey (maybe Peppers) at LB. 

I voted Collins, I think he is going to be beastly.  I love the way our defense is shaping up if they can stay healthy.

To whoever asked why Haden is on here, I think Haden bounces back this year.  He may not be as good as he was in his prime, but I think he will be well above average.

8 hours ago, EL Brownso said:

I like Schobert. Just don't know if he will be on the field enough. I expect most of the time we are in a two LBer set with Collins and Kirksey (maybe Peppers) at LB. 

I dont know, if Schobert plays like he has the first two games, I could see Williams rolling with some 4-3. Schobert has been a big surprise with his ability in defending the pass. Looking back when Williams plays a nickel scheme he didnt have a great 3rd LB. Schobert has been showing some great ability when it comes to defending the pass and getting after the QB

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I dont know, if Schobert plays like he has the first two games, I could see Williams rolling with some 4-3. Schobert has been a big surprise with his ability in defending the pass. Looking back when Williams plays a nickel scheme he didnt have a great 3rd LB. Schobert has been showing some great ability when it comes to defending the pass and getting after the QB

Yeah I defiantly see a lot of 4-3. I don't think we'll run as much nickel as we originally thought. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah I defiantly see a lot of 4-3. I don't think we'll run as much nickel as we originally thought. 

I just think we see a lot more. 

In reality it just gives Williams another weapon to use. I would say in the first two preseason games Schobert has looked like the best coverage backer. I also love it that he has looked like he has wanted to lay the wood whenever a receiver was in his area. Its been nice seeing guys short-arming passes when him and Peppers are in the general area

I voted OTHER - and I am going outside the box here.

My choice is DC Gregg Williams. The biggest contribution is he has changed the defensive scheme to fit the talent of the players on the roster. After you look at the changes, you have to beg the question "What the eff was Ray Horton thinking last season?"

No way this group is playing this well without Gregg's "in your face, motherf(&)#ing leadership.......

9 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

I voted OTHER - and I am going outside the box here.

My choice is DC Gregg Williams. The biggest contribution is he has changed the defensive scheme to fit the talent of the players on the roster. After you look at the changes, you have to beg the question "What the eff was Ray Horton thinking last season?"

No way this group is playing this well without Gregg's "in your face, motherf(&)#ing leadership.......

But he's...not a player...?

Archived