Specialty Coach Search: Dennison hired, O-Line (p. 24)

vike daddy

deserving of its own thread, mods...?

if so, we'll start with this:

Zimmer: "I’m looking at all kind of options there. We are sitting down, and again, we are evaluating everything. I think Kevin is a really good football coach. Very smart guy. I thought he did a good job for the three weeks that we were in a tough situation that we had to do. It’s fair to the organization to myself, to the fans, that we look at everybody. Technically Kevin is under contract until Tuesday. So we have exclusive rights to that. Obviously, I’ll decide before then."

"Again, I think DeFilippo was a good football coach. I just didn’t like the direction that it was going at the time and I was trying to make something to get us going again and get us going back in the right direction. I was trying to get us out of the little tailspin that we were in. I learned that, and I’ve thought about this a lot, I’ve learned a lot about the questions, the interview process, about things that I should probably do a lot better than what I did. Hopefully I’ll do better this next time."

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/LongFormArticle/Mike-Zimmer-press-conference-end-of-season-127284912/#127284912_3

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

He said he wants to make a decision before KS's contract expires on Tuesday. I've heard of no official/scheduled interviews otherwise. 

i took that comment of Z's to only mean whether they would decide/hire Stefanski for OC by next tuesday. if not, then all other candidates are in the running.

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i took that comment of Z's to only mean whether they would decide/hire Stefanski for OC by next tuesday. if not, then all other candidates are in the running.

Agreed.  He wants to decide whether Stefanski is the guy by Tuesday.  If not, then he'll let him go.  

30 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Zimmer: "A year ago I felt like we had a big chip on our shoulder. This year, I don't know if that chip was there but we're going to get it back."   

📺: http://mnvkn.gs/aDoapN

Unfortunately the chip should've never disappeared...

30 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Unfortunately the chip should've never disappeared...

Over confident.

should never have, but as a former athlete even at the college level, you see it happen, even with the best coaches. 

Great season last year, made it to the NFC championship, and had all their starts returning, fancy new QB who they probably all saw as a stronger arm, and added a key piece to the defense. 

Confidence is a killer, and it seemed like they just overlooked people at the beginning, and could just never get it actually on tract after they realized they were “human”. 

A year can change that if they don’t get caught up in it. We will find out how “real” this team is early in the season next year.

Archived