Specialty Coach Search: Dennison hired, O-Line (p. 24)

vike daddy

26 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

He has a huge say in who gets drafted.

He has the largest say of anyone not named Rick Spielman sure, but he doesn't draft them.  Rick still has all the power.  In the end, it was Rick that put Mike Hughes in a higher bracket than Will Hernandez a year ago, not Zimmer.  

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Browns fan here. Thoughts on Mike Priefer? We’re supposedly looking at him for our ST job. 

I don't have any complaints. The Vikes have generally had good coverage units but have also been fortunate to have talented returners over the years in Harvin, Patterson and Sherels. Hard to say what Priefers impact has been in their play. Kicking game has been a struggle over the years.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I don't have any complaints. The Vikes have generally had good coverage units but have also been fortunate to have talented returners over the years in Harvin, Patterson and Sherels. Hard to say what Priefers impact has been in their play. Kicking game has been a struggle over the years.

I tend to believe a ST coach has a lot more to do with coverage and blocking than actual kicks and punts. That kind of stuff is usually on the players to improve. We’ve had some terrible ST coaches in Cleveland but still manage to have good punters. 

Archived