Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vike daddy

O-Line / QB / Special Teams Coach Search

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, vikings209 said:

Why are all the offensive coaches turning down contracts with us? Do they not trust Zim or Stef? I can't remember a turnover in coaching staff this big without the HC being changed. 

Who are "all the offensive coaches" that are turning down contracts?  I haven't heard of a single one other than Mike Priefer (who isn't even an offensive coach), and that was because of the opportunity for him to go home. Are you a Viking insider and have information that we in the public aren't privileged to be aware of?  xD

Edited by swede700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

That is also a side effect of Mike Zimmer, along with Rick Spielman, being on the last year of their contract. They have to know that if things do not improve that they will be looking for a new job. If they are indeed desperate it may be rightfully so.

An offensive mind likely does not see a mandate to call a run oriented offense fun. Also, an offensive mind that wants to improve their long-term job prospects likely will not see being the front man for a run first offense as an ideal resume builder.

The offensive minds with options have good reason to prefer a different situation.

You're also tying yourself to Kirk Cousins. While it could be worse, you're not getting a chance to work with young QB prospect with better upside or a more premium level QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Who are "all the offensive coaches" that are turning down contracts?  I haven't heard of a single one other than Mike Priefer (who isn't even an offensive coach), and that was because of the opportunity for him to go home. Are you a Viking insider and have information that we in the public aren't privileged to be aware of?  xD

Todd Downing just turned down two different spots on the staff and yesterday it was reported that the WR turned down his contract offer as well. Then you add in Priefer, it just seems like a lot of coaches are keeping thier distance from us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vikings209 said:

Todd Downing just turned down two different spots on the staff and yesterday it was reported that the WR turned down his contract offer as well. Then you add in Priefer, it just seems like a lot of coaches are keeping thier distance from us

I never expected Downing to return considering the hiring of the Kubiaks.  It didn't make any sense for him to return in any capacity when that happened, considering how low he would now have been in the pecking order in authority.

There has been no report (that I'm aware of) that suggested that Hazell turned down a contract offer.  His contract simply expired and he's moving on, that's all that has been reported.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I never expected Downing to return considering the hiring of the Kubiaks.  It didn't make any sense for him to return in any capacity when that happened, considering how low he would now have been in the pecking order in authority.

There has been no report (that I'm aware of) that suggested that Hazell turned down a contract offer.  His contract simply expired and he's moving on, that's all that has been reported.  

This. Plus, you’re talking about current coaches who were brought on by other offensive staffs. Just like head coaches, new coordinators also bring in position coaches who they want to work with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sir Fobos said:

Please no.

I'm only the messenger...but I'd agree with you.  He's one of the last people I'd ever want to see be a coach.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I'm only the messenger...but I'd agree with you.  He's one of the last people I'd ever want to see be a coach.  

Why? Multiple coaches have talked about how he was one of the smartest players they have ever worked with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Why? Multiple coaches have talked about how he was one of the smartest players they have ever worked with

He was also one of the laziest route runners.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Why? Multiple coaches have talked about how he was one of the smartest players they have ever worked with

With a complete lack of discipline...and like Swede says...terrible route runner.  He was the greatest instinctual athlete to ever play the game...but, those are things that cannot be taught.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

With a complete lack of discipline...and like Swede says...terrible route runner.  He was the greatest instinctual athlete to ever play the game...but, those are things that cannot be taught.

Just because Moss was a poor route runner doesn't mean he can't teach someone else to do it. How many positional coaches in this league actually have high level playing experience? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait.... poor route runner? You guys are getting a little unrealistic here. Guy was a great route runner. He literally ran the most beautiful slant route, and curls.

 

it was more of a matter if he wanted to do it or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×