Specialty Coach Search: Dennison hired, O-Line (p. 24)

vike daddy

34 minutes ago, vikings209 said:

Why are all the offensive coaches turning down contracts with us? Do they not trust Zim or Stef? I can't remember a turnover in coaching staff this big without the HC being changed. 

Who are "all the offensive coaches" that are turning down contracts?  I haven't heard of a single one other than Mike Priefer (who isn't even an offensive coach), and that was because of the opportunity for him to go home. Are you a Viking insider and have information that we in the public aren't privileged to be aware of?  xD

3 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

That is also a side effect of Mike Zimmer, along with Rick Spielman, being on the last year of their contract. They have to know that if things do not improve that they will be looking for a new job. If they are indeed desperate it may be rightfully so.

An offensive mind likely does not see a mandate to call a run oriented offense fun. Also, an offensive mind that wants to improve their long-term job prospects likely will not see being the front man for a run first offense as an ideal resume builder.

The offensive minds with options have good reason to prefer a different situation.

You're also tying yourself to Kirk Cousins. While it could be worse, you're not getting a chance to work with young QB prospect with better upside or a more premium level QB. 

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Who are "all the offensive coaches" that are turning down contracts?  I haven't heard of a single one other than Mike Priefer (who isn't even an offensive coach), and that was because of the opportunity for him to go home. Are you a Viking insider and have information that we in the public aren't privileged to be aware of?  xD

Todd Downing just turned down two different spots on the staff and yesterday it was reported that the WR turned down his contract offer as well. Then you add in Priefer, it just seems like a lot of coaches are keeping thier distance from us

1 minute ago, vikings209 said:

Todd Downing just turned down two different spots on the staff and yesterday it was reported that the WR turned down his contract offer as well. Then you add in Priefer, it just seems like a lot of coaches are keeping thier distance from us

I never expected Downing to return considering the hiring of the Kubiaks.  It didn't make any sense for him to return in any capacity when that happened, considering how low he would now have been in the pecking order in authority.

There has been no report (that I'm aware of) that suggested that Hazell turned down a contract offer.  His contract simply expired and he's moving on, that's all that has been reported.  

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I never expected Downing to return considering the hiring of the Kubiaks.  It didn't make any sense for him to return in any capacity when that happened, considering how low he would now have been in the pecking order in authority.

There has been no report (that I'm aware of) that suggested that Hazell turned down a contract offer.  His contract simply expired and he's moving on, that's all that has been reported.  

This. Plus, you’re talking about current coaches who were brought on by other offensive staffs. Just like head coaches, new coordinators also bring in position coaches who they want to work with. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I'm only the messenger...but I'd agree with you.  He's one of the last people I'd ever want to see be a coach.  

Why? Multiple coaches have talked about how he was one of the smartest players they have ever worked with

24 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Why? Multiple coaches have talked about how he was one of the smartest players they have ever worked with

With a complete lack of discipline...and like Swede says...terrible route runner.  He was the greatest instinctual athlete to ever play the game...but, those are things that cannot be taught.

26 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

With a complete lack of discipline...and like Swede says...terrible route runner.  He was the greatest instinctual athlete to ever play the game...but, those are things that cannot be taught.

Just because Moss was a poor route runner doesn't mean he can't teach someone else to do it. How many positional coaches in this league actually have high level playing experience? 

On 1/17/2019 at 5:24 PM, SemperFeist said:

This. Plus, you’re talking about current coaches who were brought on by other offensive staffs. Just like head coaches, new coordinators also bring in position coaches who they want to work with. 

Plus the HC and GM are on 1 year deals, so there's not really that sense of security for position coaches either.

Archived