Specialty Coach Search: Dennison hired, O-Line (p. 24)

vike daddy

58 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don't know...If I were Stefanski, it would have to be a pretty sweet deal for me to resign with Minnesota.  I think Zimmer blocking his being interviewed elsewhere last season for OC jobs may have slightly poisoned the relationship.  Anyway, his play calling in the Chicago game pretty much convinced me he's not the guy the Vikings need anyhow.

3 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Speaking of Stefanski, he is officially a free agent as of today. 

Zimmer in his season ending press conference said he would know what to do before this day. We may here some more valid ideas coming in today for the OC search.

I'm not jumping up and down for him to return. He'd be a very underwhelming hire as OC.

5 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

If I were Stefanski, it would have to be a pretty sweet deal for me to resign with Minnesota.  I think Zimmer blocking his being interviewed elsewhere last season for OC jobs may have slightly poisoned the relationship

Stefanski might not have any other offers to be an OC somewhere else. I don't think he would spurn an offer from Zimmer to be the Vikings OC to become anything less than on OC elsewhere. You are right though that if he is offered an OC job elsewhere he may find other OC positions more attractive than the available position with the Vikings. The Vikings let him get to coaching free agency. I don't blame the guy for taking full advantage and exploring his options and don't necessarily think that it is an indication of a currently sour relationship with the Vikings. Certainly could be though.

Just like Stefanski may not have better options presented to him than returning to the Vikings, the Vikings might not have better options than bringing Stefanski back. You have to believe that top options will look for a job with greater stability than that offered by Zimmer and Spielman's current contracts. The Vikings may be left looking at the leftovers. We'll see.

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

With his limited portfolio at this time, I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion already.    

His portfolio is basically that of DeFillipo last year. That's why I'm not excited. The big difference is that Stefanski has been with the organization for over a decade. I'd prefer someone with experience running an offense, I think that's the direction we go.

Archived