Specialty Coach Search: Dennison hired, O-Line (p. 24)

vike daddy

15 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Lots of negativity around Dennison if you read what other teams fans have to say. I'll trust their word and assume this to be a bad hire until proven otherwise.

I'm not sure who was saying that...but if they came from Bills and Jets fans, I'm not really going to take their opinions into consideration.  :D

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm not sure who was saying that...but if they came from Bills and Jets fans, I'm not really going to take their opinions into consideration.  :D

If you read most fans opinions, everyone has a terrible OL and OC. So you may be correct. id be curious to know how many fans on this forum actually praise their OL. Seems like everyone has a bottom 5 OL. 

Dennison certainly fits the profile of the coaching characteristics Zimmer likes to push: teaching and multi background.

well rounded athletically, having played tight end, wide receiver, and linebacker... comes from an education based family... two time Academic All American in college... holds both a bachelor's and master's degree...

Just now, vikingsrule said:

If you read most fans opinions, everyone has a terrible OL and OC. So you may be correct. id be curious to know how many fans on this forum actually praise their OL. Seems like everyone has a bottom 5 OL. 

Just in a quick scan, Flacco had his best season as a QB under Dennison and Kubiak...in 2014, as it was the only year he finished as a top-10 QB (#9) according to FootballOutsiders.  He hasn't finished higher than 15th any other year...and has completely fallen off the map since Kubiak and Dennison left for Denver.  

While Denver's offense wasn't very good in 2015-16, there were a lot of changes due to injury and Manning's retirement.  The last offensive line he ran was a mess certainly (Jets), but there probably were lots of reasons beyond his performance as to why that was a bad line.  

Dennison spent four years on the Texans staff when Kubiak was the head coach in Houston, moved to Baltimore for a year while Kubiak was the Ravens offensive coordinator and then served under Kubiak during his two years as the Broncos head coach.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/08/vikings-add-rick-dennison-marwan-maalouf-to-coaching-staff/

52 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Lots of negativity around Dennison if you read what other teams fans have to say. I'll trust their word and assume this to be a bad hire until proven otherwise.

And I bet those opinions are centered around him as an OC. 

Good thing we hired him as the OL coach.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Dennison has basically been with Kubiak since 1995. 

Outside the period from 1991-94 (and 2017-18), you really could say 1983...the year Kubiak was drafted by the Broncos.  Dennison was a LB for the Broncos (after having played TE in college)  

The Broncos have three Super Bowl championships since their founding in 1960, and Dennison was part of Denver’s coaching staff for each one.

Dennison was the special teams coordinator when the Broncos won back-to-back Lombardi Trophies over the Packers (XXXII) and Falcons (XXXIII). Dennison returned to Denver as offensive coordinator in 2015, and the Broncos went on to defeat the Panthers 24-10 in Super Bowl 50.

https://www.vikings.com/news/rick-dennison-oline-coach-5-things-to-know?sf207458332=1

former special teams coordinator too....

Archived