David Bakhtiari Voted All Pro first team

PACKRULE

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Love Bakhtiari.  Would love to get another tackle at the end of this first round.  Bakhtiari, Taylor,  Linsley, Bulaga first round OT is a hell of an offensive line. 

I think there's a solid group of OG/OTs available in free agency.

Those positions are ones I particularly like 'have age' at. I hope we snag someone for the right side of our OL in FA and draft young defenders.

22 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Anybody good at digging up scouting reports? He was a 4th round pick and the 9th tackle drafted. Did the scouts miss something?

Nah, its just the nature of the beast when you're playing the game of projection. Packers drafted him and JC Tretter to battle it out at Center, so its not like GB saw his All-Pro LT potential either. Kudos to Bahk and to Campen for getting it out of him.
He didn't / doesn't have the "ideal" LT body, but he made it happen anyways.

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Nah, its just the nature of the beast when you're playing the game of projection. Packers drafted him and JC Tretter to battle it out at Center, so its not like GB saw his All-Pro LT potential either. Kudos to Bahk and to Campen for getting it out of him.
He didn't / doesn't have the "ideal" LT body, but he made it happen anyways.

I don't remember Bakh ever taking a snap or practicing at center. Pretty sure he's been a LT since he got here. I believe the reason for his fall was because he was considered undersized. Many thought he could've used one more year of school to add more mass and vault himself into the 1st round. 

9 hours ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Anybody good at digging up scouting reports? He was a 4th round pick and the 9th tackle drafted. Did the scouts miss something?

I have the 2013 PFW draft guide right here:

"Positives: Shows quickness with hands and feet. Excellent bend, balance, and body control. Clean shuffle and slide. Works his hips and can seal and reach, as well as run rushers wide. Easily gets on top of linebackers and is efficient climbing a level. Good bloodline (i.e. elsewhere in the report they point out his brothers were successful athletes as well)

Negative: Lacks ideal height and build. Grabs, catches, and grapples with rushers instead of punching. Anchor and grip strength have room to improve - gets overpowered. Lunges and gets beat. 

Summary: undersized, athletic LT...has attractive movement skills but needs strength gains and technical development and requires patience. Projected: 2nd or 3rd round

14 hours ago, smetana34 said:

I don't remember Bakh ever taking a snap or practicing at center. Pretty sure he's been a LT since he got here. I believe the reason for his fall was because he was considered undersized. Many thought he could've used one more year of school to add more mass and vault himself into the 1st round. 

I don't either.  Wasn't he drafted to be a RT but moved over to the left when Bulaga got hurt in TC in David's rookie season?

8 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I have the 2013 PFW draft guide right here:

"Positives: Shows quickness with hands and feet. Excellent bend, balance, and body control. Clean shuffle and slide. Works his hips and can seal and reach, as well as run rushers wide. Easily gets on top of linebackers and is efficient climbing a level. Good bloodline (i.e. elsewhere in the report they point out his brothers were successful athletes as well)

Negative: Lacks ideal height and build. Grabs, catches, and grapples with rushers instead of punching. Anchor and grip strength have room to improve - gets overpowered. Lunges and gets beat. 

Summary: undersized, athletic LT...has attractive movement skills but needs strength gains and technical development and requires patience. Projected: 2nd or 3rd round

Thanks for digging!

Given what I’ve read above, and in other places, he was getting second and third round grades for the work he’d put on tape and sweet feet.

Verdict: Everybody slept on David. We were lucky to be the first to wake up is all.

Archived