Tomlin Haters

Big Snack

Feel free to congregate here instead of the rinse and repeat responses in every thread. WE GET IT!!!! Some of us would like to have a rational discussion over different aspects of the team without it tumbling into "I have to blame Tomlin for this." I dont think anyone is saying he is without fault, and agree he should take the brunt of responsibility, but the blinded by hate answers just sound ignorant.

And if you have an issue with this then just blame Tomlin cuz its his fault right?

1 hour ago, Big Snack said:

Feel free to congregate here instead of the rinse and repeat responses in every thread. WE GET IT!!!! Some of us would like to have a rational discussion over different aspects of the team without it tumbling into "I have to blame Tomlin for this." I dont think anyone is saying he is without fault, and agree he should take the brunt of responsibility, but the blinded by hate answers just sound ignorant.

And if you have an issue with this then just blame Tomlin cuz its his fault right?

yet all of those that supposedly are putting some blame on tomlin, no one (or few) seem to is say he needs to go. they all mention every coach or player but him

50 minutes ago, muncher said:

yet all of those that supposedly are putting some blame on tomlin, no one (or few) seem to is say he needs to go. they all mention every coach or player but him

No we pretty much said he could go and it would bother us. 

I just need to make sure I have this straight so that I know which catagory I fall into -- because this forum is getting stupid.

I both understand that Tomlin is the head of the snake and that there are more people responsible for the issues than just him. If he is fired, I wont cry. If he stays, I wont be upset. 

So I am probably a Tomlin apologist right?

58 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I just need to make sure I have this straight so that I know which catagory I fall into -- because this forum is getting stupid.

I both understand that Tomlin is the head of the snake and that there are more people responsible for the issues than just him. If he is fired, I wont cry. If he stays, I wont be upset. 

So I am probably a Tomlin apologist right?

Not allowed to be in the middle. So therefor you love him. 

4 hours ago, Big Snack said:

Sorry, but when the major points of discussion right now are things that Tomlin is actually responsible for, I'll continue to call it as I see it.

What was the new Tomlinism during the press conference? When talking about accepting accountability, the thumb starts with him? Well, I'm just following his lead.

49 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Not allowed to be in the middle. So therefor you love him. 

Crap, you’re right. Fire everyone but Tomlin. In fact, clone Tomlin to all coaching positions. And change the name to the Pittsburgh Tomlins. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Crap, you’re right. Fire everyone but Tomlin. In fact, clone Tomlin to all coaching positions. And change the name to the Pittsburgh Tomlins. 

Man then we would know who's actually responsible!

24 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Man then we would know who's actually responsible!

No. You guys would still end up picking your favorite Tomlins and coming up with convoluted excuses as to why it's not their fault or that we're being too harsh and need to spread that blame around more.

4 hours ago, muncher said:

Ha....no troll.  Most of us have said if he is fired, so be it.  Just because we dont bash Tomlin and blame him for every ****in little thing that goes wrong doesnt mean we dont see his shortcomings or think that change isn't needed and he might be part of that needed change.  We are just smart enough to understand that most coaches have shortcomings and that even if we do move on, halfwit kneejerking yinzers will be calling for a new coach within 2 years if they aren't living up to their almighty standards.

It's just funny how the most clueless people on here are the ones who think they have all the ******* answers.

You don't.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

It's just funny how the most clueless people on here are the ones who think they have all the ******* answers.

It's been great over the last few years watching the opinion shift towards what I was arguing. Because let's be blunt, the people who now say they wouldn't be all that upset if Tomlin were canned weren't saying that even a year ago. Yet, all the same flaws - all of them - combined with an unwillingness to adjust or really hold himself accountable were on display even then.

I didn't call for Tomlin to be fired until 2014, despite a whole lot of stupidity in the previous years.

I have never argued that the Steelers could hire some perfect coach. Or even necessarily one who would out perform Tomlin over a 10 year span if he were still with the team. I have argued that this team needed a new direction at this point in time. Repeatedly, ad nauseam. That Tomlin was getting stale, that his approach wasn't right for the current roster and the current personalities on the team and given the window they had with this current core of players (especially the QB). That was an argument that even a year ago the people who claim to be just be impartial wouldn't even entertain even though they'll now occasionally shuffle a few words around and pass it off as their own.

It must be painful to slowly but surely have to come around to the same positions that someone you dislike has been arguing for years. I wouldn't know - that's never happened to me.

I don't have all the answers or pretend to. I just know that I have more answers than you on this particular subject. And the results year after year keep vindicating me.

Archived