2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

See where Tombert go Pro Day wise and who they meet w/ dinner...follow the breadcrumbs.

Will show how serious they are with the upper end WRs.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Ridley is prolly the closest skillset to AB. I don't know if he's worth the 1st Rdr it would take to land him (don't think he lasts to #52). There is plenty of value in the 3rd and mid rounds. 

N'Keal Harry, Deebo Sanders or Emanuel Hall would be very good replacements.  Want to get one in the 6th round?  Cody Thompson Toledo.  This class is crazy deep in WR.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

N'Keal Harry, Deebo Sanders or Emanuel Hall would be very good replacements.  Want to get one in the 6th round?  Cody Thompson Toledo.  This class is crazy deep in WR.

Indeed. I merely meant out if those listed I think Ridley is the closest. I also like Combine snub Ratliff-Williams from UNC. Very deep class. 

If we go receiver, I want a different type of guy than the dozen route runner, slot types we already have on the team. 

Would love to find ways to keep JuJu in the slot some and I question his winning constantly on the outside best on best. I think Washington is a poor mans juju. Eli Switzer or Ryan Rogers - doesn’t matter, they are a slot.

Sammie Coates was going to be a pro bowler before he got injured for C’s sake. That’s not an indication of his talent, but how that skill set plays with Ben. 

I want a dude that wakes up a deep threat. Without AB we have to control safeties - the run game is one way, a dude in the martavius/Coates body type can also get that done on this team.