2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

G.Williams, from what I read, looked awful in everything outside the 40.
B.Murphy apparently looked great, only disappointing a bit n the 40.
D.Baker apparently looked very good, all around.

Still reading impressive things about Rock Ya Sin (best name ever)
How did T.Mullens look in drills?
What about N.Adderly?

J.Thornhill made himself hella money. 

Edited by mwalker

Byron Murphy might have done the best thing he could have done in terms of the Pittsburgh Steelers. That 40 time I believe it was a 4.55 may hurt his draft stock and if it does while he still will be a first-round pick we could end up with him. And it's Artie Burns is any example speed is not everything as a defensive back

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Kevin Colbert admitted the other day in a Ray Fittipaldo peice that they didn’t keep up with how they scouted corners and need to move from size/tackling to speed/ball skills. 

I guess it's a step in the right direction.

Here is a rant from a Steeler fan I respect in his scouting of college players

I would not waste a second round draft pick Devin Bush.

My god he is an awful football player.

NEVER EVER EVER around the ball unless he is schemed into position.

3 year starter who failed to register 50 solo tackles in a single season

3 year starter who created 1 turnover in his career. Zero forced fumbles or recoveries which goes back to my previous point of never being around the ball

I have never seen a linebacker dominated at the point of attack by Wide receivers before I scouted Bush

He will throw his body around at small skill position players..He is a poor tackler.

He is ******* awful in coverage and gets lost in zones....Easily manipulated out of passing lanes

I really like nothing about the player.

I could be here all day...I will stick with this. I hate many prospects. And the thing I am 100% sure of. They are no draftnicks left. Just simple minded folks who think they know what they are watching but in reality have no clue

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

YIKES

That is a tough scouting report. What is your take brick?

I know who he’s talking about..guy is very knowledgeable...IIRC, he was right so far on the past 5 Steelers 1st round picks except for Shazier...and it took him 2 1/2 to be wrong since it took awhile fir Shazier to figure things out mostly.

8 hours ago, jebrick said:

I am of the same mind to be very cautious about Bush.  He is an athlete but not a football player.

Like Shazier? Let's not make Bush out to be the next Ray Lewis but he's a pretty good player. 1st rdr? That could be debatable certainly if other talent is there. But I think they could do worse.