2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

10 hours ago, warfelg said:

Kevin Colbert admitted the other day in a Ray Fittipaldo peice that they didn’t keep up with how they scouted corners and need to move from size/tackling to speed/ball skills. 

Been saying that for 10+ ******* years.   >:(

Apply some of that logic to safeties as well.   

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 11:13 PM, wwhickok said:

Also Devin white apparently had a really good combine. I see no scenario where he gets out of the top 15 possibly even the top 10. As much as I want Byron Murphy and I really do want Byron Murphy I almost feel like the better choice is Devin bush

White tore it up. He looked almost flawless in all the drills... 

6 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Like Shazier? Let's not make Bush out to be the next Ray Lewis but he's a pretty good player. 1st rdr? That could be debatable certainly if other talent is there. But I think they could do worse. 

Shazier had 102 solo tackles in his last year.  23 TFL.  Remember that Shazier played SAM at Ohio State.  Bush does not come close to Shazier.  Mack Wilson is the same.  Very few college stats.  They might be better getting Khalil Hodge or Joe Giles-Harris in the 3rd.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Shazier had 102 solo tackles in his last year.  23 TFL.  Remember that Shazier played SAM at Ohio State.  Bush does not come close to Shazier.  Mack Wilson is the same.  Very few college stats.  They might be better getting Khalil Hodge or Joe Giles-Harris in the 3rd.

Something to take into consideration (FWIW I'm not a Bush fan), is watch the video of his games, and you'll see his DT's didn't do a great job of keeping him clean.

30 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I'm not comparing the 2 skill wise. Merely that Shazier was an athlete more then a football player imo. Yes to Hodge. No to Harris. 

Edited by Chieferific

Devin White is the ONLY 1st round ILB that is not a major project.

Bush is worrisome because of the lack of splash stats for 3 years as a starter.  1 TO in 3 years!!!  No FF.  He has less  TFL in his career than Shazier did in his final year in college.  For a ILB that is just terrible.  Compare that to any other ILB that has had good results in the NFL.

35 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Devin White is the ONLY 1st round ILB that is not a major project.

Bush is worrisome because of the lack of splash stats for 3 years as a starter.  1 TO in 3 years!!!  No FF.  He has less  TFL in his career than Shazier did in his final year in college.  For a ILB that is just terrible.  Compare that to any other ILB that has had good results in the NFL.

Again, not comparing the 2. I'd rather have Shazier. I dont think you take him in the 1st. But if they did, it would be a better pick the Edmunds imo. If he's there in the 2nd, I dont think he will be, that seems like an obvious selection. 

Here is what I can tell you about Blake Cashman and this is just from watching Minnesota. As impressive as he was at the combine his skills needs some refining. He's going to need to be coached up to some degree. Having said that she has the potential to be a star in the NFL and the reason I think that he doesn't get much notice is because Minnesota is really an often-overlooked team in the Big Ten

41 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Here is what I can tell you about Blake Cashman and this is just from watching Minnesota. As impressive as he was at the combine his skills needs some refining. He's going to need to be coached up to some degree. Having said that she has the potential to be a star in the NFL and the reason I think that he doesn't get much notice is because Minnesota is really an often-overlooked team in the Big Ten

His instincts seem to be at an elite level and he shows great ability to sift through the trash. Both traits are important/necessary because of his size limitations. I assume he was projected as a late rdr UDFA before the Combine. Perhaps a mid-rounder now. I had never heard of him and was intrigued by his film. 

• Like 1