Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MOSteelers56

2019 Draft Discussion

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The depot just did a profile on Joe Jackson from Miami and I came away impressed. He's long and powerful. I'd love to grab him up in the 3rd or 4th. 

Edited by MOSteelers56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys think that Marquise Brown being Antonio's cousin would cause the Steelers to avoid him or be hesitant to draft him? Not that I'm interested in him being a Steeler but I'm just wondering out loud if that would have any affect on his scouting report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Do you guys think that Marquise Brown being Antonio's cousin would cause the Steelers to avoid him or be hesitant to draft him? Not that I'm interested in him being a Steeler but I'm just wondering out loud if that would have any affect on his scouting report.

I don't. I think other positions of need and the fact they spent a 2 Rd pick last year on WR will be more of a factor. But depending on the who's available, I could see him being the pick. I'm curious as to why you're not interested in him being a Steeler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I don't. I think other positions of need and the fact they spent a 2 Rd pick last year on WR will be more of a factor. But depending on the who's available, I could see him being the pick. I'm curious as to why you're not interested in him being a Steeler. 

I probably shouldn't say I'm not interested I just rather go defense in the first round. Brown does have great speed and I've seen people compare him to Tyreek Hill. So getting that type of player in this offense would be nice. It depends, like you mentioned, on who is available at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would avoid Marquise Brown based on his nickname. "Hollywood", yeah no thanks, give a guy like that money and nothing good will come of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I would avoid Marquise Brown based on his nickname. "Hollywood", yeah no thanks, give a guy like that money and nothing good will come of it.

I'm not sure that's a good reason. He got the nickname because he went to school in California. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Livewire said:

I probably shouldn't say I'm not interested I just rather go defense in the first round. Brown does have great speed and I've seen people compare him to Tyreek Hill. So getting that type of player in this offense would be nice. It depends, like you mentioned, on who is available at that point.

so hes a big hitter too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would stay away from Marquise "Hollywood" Brown because he's coming from a system that didn't run routes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I'm not sure that's a good reason. He got the nickname because he went to school in California. 

Youre not wrong but I also would want to stay away from constant comparisons to AB. Its a storyline we dont need in Pittsburgh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd give up our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd(or future 2nd) to get up and get Devin White. We aren't devoid of depth and we don't have a ton of needs but what we do need is an impact player in the middle of the defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd give up our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd(or future 2nd) to get up and get Devin White. We aren't devoid of depth and we don't have a ton of needs but what we do need is an impact player in the middle of the defense. 

Thats what it would take....... not sure im willing  to go that far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

Thats what it would take....... not sure im willing  to go that far

I would do it and never think twice. Especially if it was the future 2nd. We need to load up to win now with Ben. Once that big lug retires, we'll have a ton of cap space to build around Rudolph or whomever we have at QB. We are deep at WR, maybe we can snag Houston to rush the passer, the lines don't need starters, we don't need starting CBs next year, we have our starting safeties(plus Barron at $B if we get White). We need a TE, but honestly we can probably get one in the 3rd or early 4th to be our #2 or 3(maybe Bucky Hodges takes a step, maybe Grimble will just juke instead of trying to truck people). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd give up our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd(or future 2nd) to get up and get Devin White. We aren't devoid of depth and we don't have a ton of needs but what we do need is an impact player in the middle of the defense. 

Don’t forget the probable 3rd rd compensatory pick next year for Bell...makes me think if they do trade up, next years 3rd is probably available. Plus besides ILB and #2 TE, they don’t seem to have a need at a current heavy snap position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me crazy, but I also think the Steelers don’t go WR til rd 3 at earliest...already legitimately 5 WR deep with Juju/Washington/Moncrief/Eli/Switzer. Next year could be different but even a RD1 probably doesn’t get decent amount of snaps this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Call me crazy, but I also think the Steelers don’t go WR til rd 3 at earliest...already legitimately 5 WR deep with Juju/Washington/Moncrief/Eli/Switzer. Next year could be different but even a RD1 probably doesn’t get decent amount of snaps this year.

I'd agree with this too. Moncrief is going to be the oldest of our top 3 at the ripe age of 26. I think we're just fine at WR. I'd only take a WR if Hakeem Butler was sitting there on the board with our second. Good outside guys, Moncrief and maybe Washington, good combo guy in JuJu, good slot weapons with Eli and Switz. Add in the threat at TE with Vance. Maybe draft Josh Oliver in the 3rd and we're good. I'm not overly worried about any positions on offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×