Sign in to follow this  
MOSteelers56

2019 Draft Discussion

Anybody else really like tj Edwards?

I feel like he could be a 10 yr + starter and be drafted in like Rd 4 

Incredible smart player with awareness and play making ability in coverage from the buck position

I haven't seen a lot of talk about Josh Allen Edge Kentucky. Pre-Combine ranking puts him around our pick. I do think he rises after the Combine. Any of you draftniks have more insight?

15 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I haven't seen a lot of talk about Josh Allen Edge Kentucky. Pre-Combine ranking puts him around our pick. I do think he rises after the Combine. Any of you draftniks have more insight?

Top 10 pick.

53 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

he is gonna test well and prolly go before our pick. The nice part is there is a lot of strong defensive players in the top end of this draft that i think we get a good one. Like i have said before if  we are planning on trading brown and want to add a wr to help offset the trade the 2nd and 3rd round will have lots of different options also.

I do think one possible option in the 1st that i have not heard mentioned any where for us yet is Dieonte Thompson from bama. He is a much better ball hawk then anyone on our roster right now.

37 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

he is gonna test well and prolly go before our pick. The nice part is there is a lot of strong defensive players in the top end of this draft that i think we get a good one. Like i have said before if  we are planning on trading brown and want to add a wr to help offset the trade the 2nd and 3rd round will have lots of different options also.

I do think one possible option in the 1st that i have not heard mentioned any where for us yet is Dieonte Thompson from bama. He is a much better ball hawk then anyone on our roster right now.

Yeah, like I said Post-Combine he's gonna rise. I've seen discussion on other players that are ranked to high for us but not much on Allen. Allen is currently ranked around #15. Thompson would be great but I don't know if they are ready to pull the plug on Davis. They should be but I'm not sure they are. Furthermore, I'm not even sure OLB is on their radar for Rd 1. My guess is they are focused on CB and as history tells us (at least seems to) that will be the pick no matter who's there. 

Edited by Chieferific

Just now, Chieferific said:

Yeah, like I said Post-Combine he's gonna rise. I've seen discussion on other players that are ranked to high for us but not much on Allen. Thompson would be great but I don't know if they are ready to pull the plug on Davis. They should be but I'm not sure they are. Furthermore, I'm not even sure OLB is on their radar for Rd 1. My guess is they are focused on CB and as history tells us (at least seems to) that will be the pick no matter who's there. 

I hope we take whoever the top rated safety, cb, edge, or inside lb that falls to us. We should have a very good player fall to us from one of those positions.

If you look at the 4 positions i mentioned as where i would like us to draft in the 1st, there is going to be some quality for sure.

by process of elimination, the only 2 inside guys i would want are white and wilson. white will be long gone and wilson looks to be staying at bama so no go there.

At cb you have greedy, baker, and murphy. I feel greedy is gone by our pick and most likely one of the others. Its possible that both are still there but i think atleast 1 will be.

At safety the onlyl 1st round guy imo is thompson.

at edge there is a good group. Bosa, Ferrell, Allen, all most likely gone before our pick. Polite could be gone if he test well but still possible. Burns and Sweat also could rise to day 1 picks.

So on a way too early but very possible list of options we could be looking at 1 of Thompson, Baker,  Murphy, Polite, Burns, or Sweat in the 1st. not bad imo

If the Steelers do not move I can see Baker and Polite being the targets.  Not sure if Murphy is coming out yet.  Sweat will also be in the area that they pick but not over Polite.

Just now, jebrick said:

If the Steelers do not move I can see Baker and Polite being the targets.  Not sure if Murphy is coming out yet.  Sweat will also be in the area that they pick but not over Polite.

I agree with ya. If they were not opposed to adding a safety i would have thompson added to the list but that would be my top 3 right now. Polite, Baker, Thompson in that order

T.Mullen CB from Clemson (if he comes out) is also rising up draft boards.

I'll be honest I would love to have Amani Oruwariye out of PSU but I'd be pretty surprised if he made it to us. I have seen him mocked to us a few times. If we end up getting a second first round pick out of an engineer Brian trade though I could definitely see us going corner and inside linebacker in the first round. Devin Wilson and pretty much any of the top corners including Amani would be amazing

I think a trade up for Devin White would be a really smart idea. We have a good defense for him. We'll have thumpers that can play next to him and a good d-line to keep the big uglies off him. I know it isn't a popular idea, but I believe our defense is solid enough that we could bring him along slowly. His weakness is above the neck so that is probably best for him. 

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think a trade up for Devin White would be a really smart idea. We have a good defense for him. We'll have thumpers that can play next to him and a good d-line to keep the big uglies off him. I know it isn't a popular idea, but I believe our defense is solid enough that we could bring him along slowly. His weakness is above the neck so that is probably best for him. 

As far as first-round linebackers go Devon white is the guy that I want even if we do have to trade up to get him

I think you must get in front of the Bengals(11) to get White.  My guess is that the Steelers will wait and if White falls past the Bengals they will try to move up and get him.

20 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think you must get in front of the Bengals(11) to get White.  My guess is that the Steelers will wait and if White falls past the Bengals they will try to move up and get him.

What is your opinion on him? Is he worth trading up for? He looks like a bigger Shazier to me, but I'm far from confident in my draft scouting abilities.