2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

If White comes within striking distance, does his recent claim that he will demand $l00 million in 5 years change anybody's mind?

No not at all. 

1) We have 5 years to worry about that. I mean, please be so good you need to demand $100M. I’ll take those 5 years. 

2) 100M at 6 years is 16.6 at 5 years it’s 20. Seeing as how Mosley a run stopper got 17/per...if he is a stud with the cap continuing to go up, it’s really not that big of a deal. 

3) he was basically just saying you should draft me because your gonna regret it if you don’t. 

28 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Prolly not gonna change my mind either BUT if he thinks he gonna get $100 million in five years, he's prolly gonna start chirping about money by year three. Not something to look forward too. 

That is really the only reason i said yes. I get this is a business but i want a player who will be here long term and be an impact player. 

7 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

Does anyone really think we have any shot at White?  

He wont fall to us...no chance, but I wouldnt rule him out falling into a range we could potentially trade up into.    However, we you factor how realistic it is that we actually trade up where we would need to to get him....no, I dont think we have a shot at him.     

Was bored this morning and did a simulator using Matt Miller's Rankings and I think this would be a near perfect draft...thoughts?

20: R1P20

TE TJ HOCKENSON
IOWA
52: R2P20
S CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON
FLORIDA
66: R3P2

LB VOSEAN JOSEPH
FLORIDA
83: R3P19

CB AMANI ORUWARIYE
PENN STATE
122: R4P20

RB JUSTICE HILL
OKLAHOMA STATE
141: R5P3

WR EMANUEL HALL
MISSOURI
175: R6P2

EDGE PORTER GUSTIN
USC
192: R6P19

DL DAYLON MACK
TEXAS A&M
207: R6P34

LB BJ BLUNT
MCNEESE ST
219: R7P5

P JAKE BAILEY
STANFORD

12 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Dont be shocked if NE trades up for a TE. Gronkowski just retired.

Thinking along these lines:

If Noah Fant was on the board at 20, along with Polite, Murphy, Williams, Baker and Wilson; would you take 32, 97, 2020 3rd from the Patriots to move down?  It might take more than that, but I think I would do it.  Drop to 32, have 3 3rd's, use two of them to get a second 2nd round pick.  

Archived