Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MOSteelers56

2019 Draft Discussion

Recommended Posts

Both are really good.  White is much better at shedding blocks than Wilson.  I think White is a better in all aspects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Both are really good.  White is much better at shedding blocks than Wilson.  I think White is a better in all aspects.

I've read that Wilson has a little more football smarts. What would you say about that? Isn't the big knock on White above the neck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I've read that Wilson has a little more football smarts. What would you say about that? Isn't the big knock on White above the neck?

Both play so fast they over run plays ( like Shazier).  I just think White is better.  upside is the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colbert meeting with prospects at East-West game

Quote

 

Team-Prospect meetings Day2 of #ShrineWeek
(East):

OT Oli Udoh: NYG, NYJ, PIT, TEN, GB, PHI

Named a First Team All-CAA Football honoree in 2018, Udoh started 11 games for an offensive line unit that allowed a conference low 16 sacks last season and was second in the conference with 199.5 yards rushing a game. Invited to play in both the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl and the East/West Shrine Game, Udoh is the first Elon player ever invited to play in a postseason bowl game. Reportedly seeing snaps at both guard and tackle during practice, the 6-foot-5, 336-pounds prospect appears to have caught the eye of those in attendance.

Udoh is seeing reps at both G and T. I’ll reiterate what Fran said. Impressive two practices for the massive lineman. https://t.co/VzPswxGiEf

— Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) January 15, 2019

.@elonuniversity OT Oli Udoh (RT) just threw DE Jordan Brailford right out of the club: pic.twitter.com/Ob5TYNc1lh

— The Draft Network (@DraftNetworkLLC) January 15, 2019

With a warning not to read too much into all these meetings at practice, we will still pass along this observation from Jon Ledyard of The Draft Network after he noted general manager Kevin Colbert talking with linebacker B.J. Blunt of McNeese State.

 

 

 

Quote

 

Lot of scouts talking to players so that’s rarely a big deal, but #Steelers GM Kevin Colbert personally went over to McNeese State LB B.J. Blunt and chatted with him for awhile. 2 good practices for Blunt

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) January 15, 2019

 

A convert from defensive back to linebacker during his junior season, Blunt would record 102 tackles, with 20 for a loss and 11 sacks in his senior season. And given his previous experience in the secondary, it should also come as no surprise to note that the 6-foot-1 and 215-pound prospect believes he has strong coverage skills for a linebacker.

 

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomlin and Colbert spent time at the Senior Bowl with Devin Sills V of WVU. Seems as a possession WR, Sills had 35 catches of 20+ yards, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Tomlin and Colbert spent time at the Senior Bowl with Devin Sills V of WVU. Seems as a possession WR, Sills had 35 catches of 20+ yards, 

Really like the size, don't love the potential lack of speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Really like the size, don't love the potential lack of speed.

I think his lack of speed is going to be overplayed like it was for Juju.  Devin changes speeds better than anyone I've seen as the college level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think his lack of speed is going to be overplayed like it was for Juju.  Devin changes speeds better than anyone I've seen as the college level.

I'm definitely not hating that as an option especially considering his size.  I also think in this day and age, speed (within reason) is overvalued.  It's become fairly easy to use physical, large receivers in short to medium range passing games to move the changes and speed isn't required, see Tyrell Williams who also "lacks" speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of people wanting a powerback to go with Connor and Samuels. I, personally, would rather have a speed back. Someone who can play lightning to Connor's thunder. Connor is a physical runner, we need a game breaker. Samuels isn't that, even though I really like his pass catching ability. 

Edited by MOSteelers56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 5:12 PM, jebrick said:

Both play so fast they over run plays ( like Shazier).  I just think White is better.  upside is the same.

Last year the more i watched the more I  had a man crush on Derwin James knowing we had no shot at him. Then he started to fall and even with our top targets being the lbs i would not have been against trading up to get him when started falling. The more I watch lbs this year White is quickly becoming this years man crush on a player we wont have a shot at. If he were to fall like James did last year I will be pissed if we dont make a move up 5 or so spots to draft him. I think is a game changer for our defense and has the ability to cover up a lot of warts on defense the same way Shazier did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I see a lot of people wanting a powerback to go with Connor and Samuels. I, personally, would rather have a speed back. Someone who can play lightning to Connor's thunder. Connor is a physical runner, we need a game breaker. Samuels isn't that, even though I really like his pass catching ability. 

I dont have an issue with that and the point you make is fair. When i say power, i just want a guy that can break lots of tackles, wear down a defense. But if they do that by making them play chase, well, im good with that too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ty Johnson from Maryland wouldn’t be a terrible pick on day 3 as your speed guy at rb and help in the return game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Snack said:

Last year the more i watched the more I  had a man crush on Derwin James knowing we had no shot at him. Then he started to fall and even with our top targets being the lbs i would not have been against trading up to get him when started falling. The more I watch lbs this year White is quickly becoming this years man crush on a player we wont have a shot at. If he were to fall like James did last year I will be pissed if we dont make a move up 5 or so spots to draft him. I think is a game changer for our defense and has the ability to cover up a lot of warts on defense the same way Shazier did.

I will repeat my prediction.  If White falls past the Bengals the Steelers will be trying to move up to get him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I will repeat my prediction.  If White falls past the Bengals the Steelers will be trying to move up to get him

i hope so. If he doesnt fall then i am content staying put and grabbing any number of lbs, edge, or cbs that will be there. This is setting up for a real quality prospect being there for us, but if we get a chance at White then im all in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×