Bucs to announce new HC no later than next Tuesday

bucsfan333

Well this sure is interesting. I believe that there is no timeline but JBF and PR are gonna look like some real clowns if Tampa doesn’t introduce a coach sometime next week. 

Logically, if this report is true, how could you be hiring Bieniemy, Richard etc.? You couldn’t cuz they are still in the playoffs (maybe on Richard if Dallas loses). Would have to point to Arians. And no Cleveland couldn’t block Kitchens if Tampa gave him a promotion.

2 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Well this sure is interesting. I believe that there is no timeline but JBF and PR are gonna look like some real clowns if Tampa doesn’t introduce a coach sometime next week. 

Logically, if this report is true, how could you be hiring Bieniemy, Richard etc.? You couldn’t cuz they are still in the playoffs (maybe on Richard if Dallas loses). Would have to point to Arians. And no Cleveland couldn’t block Kitchens if Tampa gave him a promotion.

It could be known an assistant on a playoff team is taking another job.  Shanny to SF.  McDaniels to Indy until he wasn t.  It s going to be Arians, this not only about culture, but giving Jameis the best chance to succeed.  It s easy to forget Arians was the OC in Cleveland under Butch Davis who got to the playoffs with Kelly Holcomb and Tim Couch.  The guy knows how to handle QBs.

Like @bucsfan333 mentioned I hope the announcement comes after Tuesday. JBF in particular Isbitts like to pat himself on the back on things he gets right a lot.  

So it sounds like if you guys go with Arians, you may bring Bowles on as the DC. 

I'll be honest, I probably like this more than most of the coaching hires that will be made this off season. I think you guys should be pretty happy with that (er...not happy with my approval, since I'm just some random dude on a message board, but rather with Arians / Bowles) 

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds like we don't have a choice.

Question. Why exactly would we not be able to bring Kitchens over if we were giving him a promotion, like assistant HC and OC? Assuming of course Cleveland doesn’t hire him to be their HC.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Question. Why exactly would we not be able to bring Kitchens over if we were giving him a promotion, like assistant HC and OC? Assuming of course Cleveland doesn’t hire him to be their HC.

I don't know if that would count as a promotion. But if it did, there's nothing Cleveland can do to stop us (or anyone).

If Cleveland is blocking his interviews, I'd imagine everyone else just wants him as an OC.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I m pretty sure a team can block an assistant from leaving unless it is for a HC.  I remember Marinelli was an assistant HC in Tampa under Gruden, Allen blocked him for DC positions.  Ultimately, Rod was hired as HC in Detroit.

If Kitchens doesn t get the HC job now in Cleveland, how does he feel?  Good chance in Tampa one of the assistants is going to have the assistant HC title and successor to Arians.  

32 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m pretty sure a team can block an assistant from leaving unless it is for a HC.  I remember Marinelli was an assistant HC in Tampa under Gruden, Allen blocked him for DC positions.  Ultimately, Rod was hired as HC in Detroit.

If Kitchens doesn t get the HC job now in Cleveland, how does he feel?  Good chance in Tampa one of the assistants is going to have the assistant HC title and successor to Arians.  

It just needs to be a promotion; QB coach to OC, OC to HC, etc. And since Cleveland isn't in the playoffs, they're fair game.

Here's a link that breaks down the rules:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/1/10/14038902/nfl-teams-hiring-new-head-coach-must-follow-rules

I just don't know if tagging "assistant HC" to a position counts as a promotion.

Archived