Bucs to announce new HC no later than next Tuesday

bucsfan333

28 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It just needs to be a promotion; QB coach to OC, OC to HC, etc. And since Cleveland isn't in the playoffs, they're fair game.

Here's a link that breaks down the rules:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/1/10/14038902/nfl-teams-hiring-new-head-coach-must-follow-rules

I just don't know if tagging "assistant HC" to a position counts as a promotion.

Positional coaches to OC is actually not a promotion. Those can be blocked by the team. The only actual promotion is from assistant coach (OC, DC, positional coaches) to HC. 

40 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It just needs to be a promotion; QB coach to OC, OC to HC, etc. And since Cleveland isn't in the playoffs, they're fair game.

Here's a link that breaks down the rules:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/1/10/14038902/nfl-teams-hiring-new-head-coach-must-follow-rules

I just don't know if tagging "assistant HC" to a position counts as a promotion.

Interesting. Well this gives us an idea. 

On a side note, unless Kitchens is made the HC or they hire a defensive HC, I’d find it hard to believe that’s a good situation. I’m shure he’d be professional and all but if any of us were told by our company that we were unable to leave and go to another company where they was more development opportunity and you have to work under/for a new boss doing the job you feel you should have been promoted to, how would that work?

We have had some big runs during the offseason with Fa signing etc in the last five to ten years. If Arians and Bowles come to town that will blow everything out of the water. If they come this will be the turnaround we have all been dying for the last two decades.

9 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

We have had some big runs during the offseason with Fa signing etc in the last five to ten years. If Arians and Bowles come to town that will blow everything out of the water. If they come this will be the turnaround we have all been dying for the last two decades.

couldnt agree more

Bowles may not be HC material but he can ball as a DC. bringing in him as a DC is a win in itself

i hope we keep Monken bc he deserves it , but Arians is attracting good Coordinators (Kitchens( and that is what we need most in this organization , good coaching, 

17 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i do hope we stay completely away from Leftwich tho lol 

Why? Doug Pedersen was a worse QB  in the league then Leftwich.  Byron has had a pretty quick rise in the coaching ranks, so I would assume the coaching community likes his coachung potential.

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Why? Doug Pedersen was a worse QB  in the league then Leftwich.  Byron has had a pretty quick rise in the coaching ranks, so I would assume the coaching community likes his coachung potential.

idk , maybe its just me, IMO Leftwich only got a coaching gig because he used to be a QB , and he only got a quick ascension because of his relationship with Arians and nothing more

i could be wrong idk, i just am not impressed, small dose, but he didnt do much of anything with AZ

i just rather keep Monk or get Kitchens than bring in Leftwich

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

idk , maybe its just me, IMO Leftwich only got a coaching gig because he used to be a QB , and he only got a quick ascension because of his relationship with Arians and nothing more

i could be wrong idk, i just am not impressed, small dose, but he didnt do much of anything with AZ

I understand your point, but I dont have an issue as a QB coach on a staff.   I really doubt he has a shot at OC right now.

6 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

That's because Arizona was the worst team in the NFL. Fitz is their only good receiver and he's like 1,000 years old. Their oline is awful. And they had a rookie QB leading the way.

It was an awful situation altogether.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I understand your point, but I dont have an issue as a QB coach on a staff.   I really doubt he has a shot at OC right now.

i wouldnt mind that 

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's because Arizona was the worst team in the NFL. Fitz is their only good receiver and he's like 1,000 years old. Their oline is awful. And they had a rookie QB leading the way.

It was an awful situation altogether.

yea i understand, still just more of a feeling than anything, 

Archived