Bucs to announce new HC no later than next Tuesday

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

So who would you say is HC in waiting in this scenario? 

Btw, unless Cleveland hires Kitchens for HC I could see us make a heck of a push for him if Arians really wanted him on staff. Meaning draft pick compensation etc. if need be.

I think either coordinator is an option for a successor.  They maybe delaying the Arians announcement to see what happens with Kitchens.  Goodwin sat out last year, maybe he is done with coaching, who knows.  Pretty confident, the Glazers would want a firm succession plan in place before hiring Arians.  Does Bowles make them satisfied as the choice? No clue. 

If it s not Kitchens or Goodwin, then no clue on the OC.  

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I think either coordinator is an option for a successor.  They maybe delaying the Arians announcement to see what happens with Kitchens.  Goodwin sat out last year, maybe he is done with coaching, who knows.  Pretty confident, the Glazers would want a firm succession plan in place before hiring Arians.  Does Bowles make them satisfied as the choice? No clue. 

If it s not Kitchens or Goodwin, then no clue on the OC.  

I would be Ok with Bowles as a successor as long as he has someone to run the offense.  He had an uphill battle with Jets and no talent so I don't fault him for that time but one thing that is concerning is he is very risk averse

26 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I would be Ok with Bowles as a successor as long as he has someone to run the offense.  He had an uphill battle with Jets and no talent so I don't fault him for that time but one thing that is concerning is he is very risk averse

Very true, I think Morton was his first OC.  The Jets really didn t have a lot of offensive fire power during his tenure.

16 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Outside of the wrs the dline was the most productive group on the team. I keep him.

I got to say I wasn't sold on him for most of the year but the D line did improve and seemed as if he helped them a lot.  

"If Bowles comes, the Bucs defense would likely switch to a 3-4 blitz-heavy scheme, which would fit last year’s first-round pick Vita Vea perfectly as he played nose tackle and defensive end in Washington’s 3-4 defense in college. Defensive ends Jason Pierre-Paul and Carl Nassib would likely play outside rush linebackers with linebackers Lavonte David and Kwon Alexander playing inside in a 3-4 scheme."

From article above. Who plays end for us?

30 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

"If Bowles comes, the Bucs defense would likely switch to a 3-4 blitz-heavy scheme, which would fit last year’s first-round pick Vita Vea perfectly as he played nose tackle and defensive end in Washington’s 3-4 defense in college. Defensive ends Jason Pierre-Paul and Carl Nassib would likely play outside rush linebackers with linebackers Lavonte David and Kwon Alexander playing inside in a 3-4 scheme."

McCoy and a FA.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:
33 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

McCoy and a FA

This one.

34 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

Muhammed Wilkerson

Didn’t Bruce go after JPP before Chandler Jones in AZ? So I guess he assumes he’d be just as good as a 3-4 OLB over the 4-3 DE he’s played his whole career. I take JPP as the guy who would give it a go without complaining but I just wonder if that makes sense.

Archived