Who had a better season, Barkley or Elliott

patriotsheatyan

Who had a better season, Barkley or Elliott  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who had a better season, Barkley or Elliott

• Barkley
    • Elliott

On 1/5/2019 at 1:40 PM, Gmen said:

Completely off topic, I know.  But I love how NFCE fans throw this out there only when it's convenient for their argument.  But when Giants fans bring it up, in response we get 'IT wAs tHE deFEnSE CaRRyINg eLI'. xD

As for the topic at hand, it appears the majority of people outside of Texas agree Barkley had a better year.  Which really makes me wonder how many glory hole visits Jerrah had to make with the voters of the All pro teams

My tune isn't changing. Eli is a washup at this point and the defense did carry them in 42 paired with the most lucky play in NFL history. 47 Eli did play sufficiently to win and I have no problem giving him credit for that one.

The whole WR thing is a moot point though when you have a QB as unreliable as Eli has been these past few seasons and an OLine that does neither the QB or the RB any favors. 

23 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Let me pose this question:

Was Saquon Barkley a top 3 NFL back the moment his name was called at the podium on draft day?

IMO, yes. For my money, he's up there with Gurley and Kamara, ahead of Zeke, Bell, etc. 

On 12/31/2017 at 12:13 PM, Teen Girl Squad said:

Barkley has Trent Richardson written all over him, great speed, no vision. If he guesses right and the hole is open, he's great, otherwise he just runs into the line for 2 yards. He's a better blocker/pass catcher than TR so you can at least use him like McCaffery/Bush but some team will a mediocre oline will overdraft him in the first thinking he'll 'magic bullet' them to a good run game and be severely underwhelmed.

Here's one, the most egregious I could find, but I know there were others.

On 4/29/2018 at 9:51 PM, w4rrior723 said:
On 4/29/2018 at 9:35 PM, DaBoys said:

1,631 yards 5.1 YPC and 15 TDs rushing.

That Zeke's rookie numbers. Thats what you want to shatter. Go get it.

It's not all about rushing with Barkley. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have more all-purpose yards and total TDs his rookie year than Zeke did. Barkley is going to be a huge part of the passing game and may even get some action as a returner.

This guy got it.

6 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

People just say whatever. No one ever even brings anything to the table to back up their claims. 

I’d actually like some examples of what Saquon does better than the NFL’s rushing champ. Does he occasionally look flashier? Sure, a little. Does that mean he’s better? No. There’s more to a player than a flashy highlight reel.

No one? Okay.

Just now, Danger said:

lmfao, people have given a plethora of statistics in this thread. Either you are too lazy to read, or you're putting your head in the sand.

I’m talking about on the field examples of their abilities, thanks. 

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

Ah yes, didn’t think to look at Saquon’s highlight tape. 

Well do you want statistics or evidence in game of what he does better? You can't just "nope" at both of them. You are by definition putting your head in the sand. 

But sure lets break this down.

Barkley is better at:

• Making people miss
  • Jukes
  • Spins
  • Speed
  • Pass Catching Threat
  • Hurdling Defenders
  • Breaking Tackles
  • Making Big Plays

Ezekiel Elliot is better at:

• Being Consistent
  • Running Over People
  • Not taking negative plays

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Well do you want statistics or evidence in game of what he does better? You can't just "nope" at both of them. You are by definition putting your head in the sand. 

But sure lets break this down.

Barkley is better at:

• Making people miss
  • Jukes
  • Spins
  • Speed
  • Pass Catching Threat
  • Hurdling Defenders
  • Breaking Tackles
  • Making Big Plays

Ezekiel Elliot is better at:

• Being Consistent
  • Running Over People
  • Not taking negative plays

I’m not sure what is difficult for you to understand here. I want specific, ingame examples of Saquon impacting the game in a way that Zeke cannot replicate in his own way.

You can sit here and say Saquon is better at “x” but what does that even mean by itself? 

Dont get me wrong here, Saquon is a stud. I just think Zeke is largely disrespected and underrated on this forum despite him doing nothing but succeeding at the highest individual level since day one. Watching Saquon play, I don’t see him bring something to the table that Zeke doesn’t counter in his own way. Aside from Saquons occasional flashy way of making something out of nothing, I don’t see how he’s in a tier above Zeke at all.

Archived