Who had a better season, Barkley or Elliott

patriotsheatyan

Who had a better season, Barkley or Elliott  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who had a better season, Barkley or Elliott

• Barkley
    • Elliott

13 hours ago, Danger said:

Yup and Barkley did it better. Despite being a Rookie with less talent around him, he outgained Elliot. Had to break more than double the number of tackles Zeke did often times because the defenders were in the backfield before Barkley had any opportunity to make it back to the line of scrimmage. If Barkley played on the Cowboys next season, I wouldn't be surprised if he had 2500+ YFS

The guy was devastating at the second level. He truly could be the GOAT in terms of overall level. I'm not talking about career production/etc. He can do things that no other back in the league can do. Plain and simple.

Zeke isn’t ranked in the top 10 for broken tackle percentage. Guess he isn’t even a top 10 running back. (Sarcasm)

Why did my McCaffrey comparison go largely ignored? Every stat that supposedly puts Saquon in another tier than Zeke is also a stat McCaffrey beats Zeke in as well. Yet no one thinks McCaffrey is in a tier above Zeke as a running back.. because he’s obviously not. This topic might be a little more nuanced than looking at who had more broken tackles and who had a slightly better average yards per carry number on less carries (that’s generally how that works). I don’t feel like people are even trying to give Zeke his due credit here. 

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Zeke isn’t ranked in the top 10 for broken tackle percentage. Guess he isn’t even a top 10 running back. (Sarcasm)

Why did my McCaffrey comparison go largely ignored? Every stat that supposedly puts Saquon in another tier than Zeke is also a stat McCaffrey beats Zeke in as well. Yet no one thinks McCaffrey is in a tier above Zeke as a running back.. because he’s obviously not. This topic might be a little more nuanced than looking at who had more broken tackles and who had a slightly better average yards per carry number on less carries (that’s generally how that works). I don’t feel like people are even trying to give Zeke his due credit here. 

People are giving Zeke his due credit, Barkley is just better.

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

People are giving Zeke his due credit, Barkley is just better.

I don't know man,  as far as giving credit goes, I really just don't see it. Perhaps it's more of an overrating of Barkley than it is not giving Zeke credit. I honestly get it if people prefer Barkley right now. The issue that I have is people acting like Barkley is on a whole different tier than Zeke.. which in my opinion is way too much to say given the caliber of a player that Zeke is. 

I feel that Zeke gets discredited because of how great the Cowboys O-line was from 2014-2016. The 2018-19 Dallas Cowboys O-line is not that O-line. Not even remotely close in my opinion. Not that I put a ton of stock into PFF's ranking, but I'm almost curious to see how they graded the Cowboy's run blocking in 2018. Week in and week out defenses know what they're going to get when they face the Cowboys. It's no secret. It's all about stopping Ezekiel Elliot, and yet no one can consistently do it. 

20 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I don't know man,  as far as giving credit goes, I really just don't see it. Perhaps it's more of an overrating of Barkley than it is not giving Zeke credit. I honestly get it if people prefer Barkley right now. The issue that I have is people acting like Barkley is on a whole different tier than Zeke.. which in my opinion is way too much to say given the caliber of a player that Zeke is. 

I feel that Zeke gets discredited because of how great the Cowboys O-line was from 2014-2016. The 2018-19 Dallas Cowboys O-line is not that O-line. Not even remotely close in my opinion. Not that I put a ton of stock into PFF's ranking, but I'm almost curious to see how they graded the Cowboy's run blocking in 2018. Week in and week out defenses know what they're going to get when they face the Cowboys. It's no secret. It's all about stopping Ezekiel Elliot, and yet no one can consistently do it. 

I'd say Barkley and Zeke are on the same tier right now, but Barkley edges Zeke out while still being on the same tier. The thing is, Barkley was a rookie, and did it with less talent around him. Barkley has much much more untapped potential which very well could put him on a tier of his own. 

The Cowboys O-Line is still leaps and bounds better than the Giants. (27th vs 9th overall). Yeah, the Cowboys O-Line isn't elite anymore, but the Giants O-Line started the season as historically one of the worst of all time, and rose to be below average.

PFF is bogus.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd say Barkley and Zeke are on the same tier right now, but Barkley edges Zeke out while still being on the same tier. The thing is, Barkley was a rookie, and did it with less talent around him. Barkley has much much more untapped potential which very well could put him on a tier of his own. 

The Cowboys O-Line is still leaps and bounds better than the Giants. (27th vs 9th overall). Yeah, the Cowboys O-Line isn't elite anymore, but the Giants O-Line started the season as historically one of the worst of all time, and rose to be below average.

PFF is bogus.

I'm surprised they're even ranked 9th to be honest. More often than not these days it seems like Zeke is forced to run headfirst into a wall because there is just nothing there. He's been forced into more of a bruising style this year in comparison to his 2016 season where he was bursting through lanes. 

Anyway, I'm not really going to go too far out of my way to disagree with someone giving Barkley the edge right now so long as they agree that they're similar caliber players at this point in time. It'll be interesting to see where Barkley's career goes. 

On 1/7/2019 at 2:33 PM, Tyronnosaurus said:

Cowboys fan. I think Barkley is better than Zeke but not by a lot. I think those 3 (with Bell) are in tier 1 of NFL RB.

I won’t disagree with anyone saying Barkley > Zeke but even with that I think Zeke is CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED. His numbers and talent deserves the hype Saquon gets but I feel most non-Cowboy fans give him “pro bowl” praise rather than HOF praise which he most certainly is so far.

I mean someone compared Zeke to MJD lol...

This is accurate. I’ll take it one step further as a Cowboys fan living in NY, who is also a Penn State fan who has seen just about every snap of each player since they each entered college.

Barkley is better. But Zeke is freaking awesome and is underrated by non-Cowboys fans who brush off his success due to volume and a great OL over his career.

Barkley is on a different tier than these other guys. It doesn't mean he's like twice as good. It means he's in his own tier right now. His home run ability, ability to break tackles and create something out of nothing are world class. He does things that no other back in the NFL can do right now. I'd say that puts him in his own tier. It's not a statistical argument at all. Statistically, it's hard to make an argument for one or the other.

When I watch Barkley, it just screams elite. This is somewhat of a semantic argument, but in terms of pure skillsets, Barkley is unmatched in the NFL right now. He has GOAT like talent. That's not a slight on any other RB. It's just how good he is.

I feel like watching Barkley play RB is like watching randy moss play WR. Maybe not a perfect analogy, but you get the picture.

Archived