2019 Playoff Pick em

byuvike88

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

what the...?

First, my apologies for the 70+ word sentence. Let me attempt to break it down into something that might be more easily digestible...

Congratulations on your victory, Mr. @vike daddy

I am happy to see that you are the guy that won the contest.

It will further his strengths

You are a key member of the community that brings certain strengths. Winning the contest will increase your credibility in a way that will make the strengths that you brandish with ease more powerful. While I have between little and no credibility on this site, winning this contest last year is the first thing I ever did to prove I might know something and give me the shred of credibility to which I cling. 

which could quicken all knowledge

One of your strengths that will be bolstered is that you bring information to us by posting info and links from various news sources to spread knowledge.

which could give freshness to old truths

Another strength is that you offer a perspective that many of the whippersnappers do not have. Some of the wisdom gained through your (I hear quite many) years still rings true today and it it nice to see some of those things brought to the forefront for the kids.

harmony to discordant thoughts

Another strength is that you seemingly have a way with deescalating sometimes pointlessly festering bickering. As I have occasionally been a cause more than I would prefer it is great to have your voice on the board to bring things back before they get too far out.

which could bind together, by living ties and mysterious affinities,

We are together as a community of people that may know some of the others IRL but mostly we are connected virtually.

the most outside the box thoughts, and raise fabrics of glory and beauty from the coarse materials which the rest of our minds have collected here.

Among this group of mostly strangers we have some crazy and unrefined ideas. You are able to see it all and synthesize from this heap of thoughts, along with your extensive readings off this site, very nice material that I find to be valuable (greatly worth my time to read).

While that is not an exhaustive list, those are the reasons I was trying to articulate why I am happy that you are the fellow to pass on my reign as defensing Playoff Pick'em champion. I know you will be a great representative of the honor you have earned.

10 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

VD, I think he might be suggesting that you have some level of potential for this "football thingamajig." B|

I felt this year the picks had a lot to do with just being lucky. VD may just be lucky this year, or it could be from many, many, years of experience, study, and analysis.

16 minutes ago, Viking734 said:

I felt this year the picks had a lot to do with just being lucky. VD may just be lucky this year, or it could be from many, many, years of experience, study, and analysis.

i got a smarter monkey this year throwing darts at the wall.

Archived