Marshawn Lynch??

Humble_Beast

I love him but we need a more explosive back. Only way he comes back is if we are still playing in Oakland. Hate that we were so bad during his time here. Only solace we had last two years was that he was fun to watch. If he hangs them up, might be my next jersey. Dmac, Mack, and Carr were my past three. Don’t have to worry about lynch unretiring this time.

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Are we just making threads for every player now? Because only 30% of the 2018 roster is under contract.

And no to Marshawn. Older, coming off injury.... just move on already. That's the problem with this organization. Commit to all the wrong players.

I know right? Yet, my Jon Gruden thread was deleted.  Makes sense.

Lynch has ran hard for us but this team needs an explosive young playmaker at RB.  If we do sign him to a 1 year deal he needs to receive about 10 to 12 touches a game and be our goal line back.  I'd bring him back for 3 or 4 per year but other than that let him walk.  He certainly should not be our starter.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:16 PM, Humble_Beast said:

seems like everyone wants him gone, but he was a starter over Martin for a reason.... he still has that juice and is a hall of famer.....  would you want Lynch back on a one year deal???

TownBusiness! 

I thought Martin looked better than Lynch this year and is a better fit with the strengths of the offensive line. Lynch plays a bit too lateral and Martin is a more decisive north-south runner and has more burst through the line.

21 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I thought Martin looked better than Lynch this year and is a better fit with the strengths of the offensive line. Lynch plays a bit too lateral and Martin is a more decisive north-south runner and has more burst through the line.

Agree. I'd give him a fair offer and add another back in the draft somewhere. Martin/Richard/Warren/Rookie could be ok. 

23 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Are we just making threads for every player now? Because only 30% of the 2018 roster is under contract.

And no to Marshawn. Older, coming off injury.... just move on already. That's the problem with this organization. Commit to all the wrong players.

Commit to the wrong players like 95% of Mckenzies draft picks. Extending Carr for big bucks, giving dumb contracts to garbage players like Seth Roberts, making a good guard in Jackson a top dollar G, those are some of the problems the raiders have (the first being their main problem)

Marshasn Lynch is not the problem. At all. 

On 1/6/2019 at 12:24 AM, raidr4life said:

Leveon Bell since the RB market is somewhat cheap!

In general, yes it is. Bell won't be, though. My real worry with Bell is that while you get an undeniably very good RB, you probably don't get particularly good value for money when you sign him as he's going to be the highest paid back in the league.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:21 PM, Rich7sena said:

I do agree that Martin fits our offense in general better than Lynch does, but I do have worries about Martin from a ball security standpoint.

At this point, I'm pretty flexible on what we do at the RB position. Of all the options available, I can get behind any of them really. If it's Lynch, I'd be ok with it, but not ecstatic. Exact same feelings with Martin. Even with LeVeon Bell, while he would play at a higher level than the other two, his salary would bother me. I think RB is one of the lesser worries we have, and there's no definite yes or no moves that we could make at it from all the options available, imo.

Archived