NFL Draft 2019 - Team Needs

bomont

12 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'm amazed you don't have OT as a prime need, Forge. who do you have to replace Staley, who wanted to retire before the 2018 season. I'm a Packers fan myself, but I talk most days with a keen 49er fan in England. He has Edge, OT, WR as the top three needs.

He's already committed to playing next year, and still playing at a high level. After that, I'm sure it'll be on a year by year basis. It's definitely a pressing need for 2020 potentially, but for 2019, it's fine. We have another year of Shon Coleman as a back up, so that will give us two years to essentially verify whether or not he has a future as a right tackle in the league (though I'm not holding my breath). I would certainly be looking at it for 2020, but not a prime need for 2019. 

For a team drafting #2 overall, we simply don't have the luxury of trying to attack needs sitting 2 years down the road. 

On 5-1-2019 at 3:21 AM, bomont said:

What do you think your team (or other teams) should focus most on?  

• Raiders:  DE/OLB.  Like lots.  Although they need help everywhere

Well assuming we re-sign Hankins we have decent depth on our interiour d-line (hankins, hurst, ellis, hall, vanderdoes).

If we sign a starter RT in FA we have a starting oljne as well.

And i'm assuming Carr gets another year to prove himself.

Besides that, any position needs quality and depth upgrades.

Dolphins: 

QB- DUH

DT - The run defense is soft. They are pushovers. They have two pretty good DTs, but they need a whole unit of them.

DE - Desperately need pass rushers. A lot of ours underperformed and are about to be cut.

LB - It's been awful for years and still is. We have young guys, but we really need a stud there.

#2 CB- We have studs in Howard and Fitz. McCann is a good slot CB. Our #2 spot though is a huge hole. It got exposed all year.

Guard- Desperately need players here. The O-line is full of pushovers. We're relying on injury prone vets. 

Center - See Guard.

Tall WR - Parker is a bust. Need somebody with size. Not a huge need, but it's needed.

TE - Gesicki disappointed, but could improve. Not a HUGE need, but it could be better. 

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Pretty much every position on defense for the Pats

Flowers and Wise are two solid ends and they have some depth there also so not sure that is a huge need.  Another LB would help sure and maybe some more DT help and S depth.  It is super impressive though how Trent Brown has played this year on offense, I assume they resign him because he saved that OL this season I feel taking over for Solder and doing quite well especially with Wynn being injured all year.  I assume Wynn is more of a guard in the NFL though and not a OT.  Shaq Mason was a huge steal for them also a few years back, no clue why he did not go higher in the draft with how he played in college but I guess people were scared of him because of how Georgia Tech played offense and what those offensive lineman were asked to do.    

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Flowers and Wise are two solid ends and they have some depth there also so not sure that is a huge need.  Another LB would help sure and maybe some more DT help and S depth.  It is super impressive though how Trent Brown has played this year on offense, I assume they resign him because he saved that OL this season I feel taking over for Solder and doing quite well especially with Wynn being injured all year.  I assume Wynn is more of a guard in the NFL though and not a OT.  Shaq Mason was a huge steal for them also a few years back, no clue why he did not go higher in the draft with how he played in college but I guess people were scared of him because of how Georgia Tech played offense and what those offensive lineman were asked to do.    

We don't have any unschemed pass-rush outside of Flowers, who does a lot of his best work inside. It's absolutely a need. 

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

We don't have any unschemed pass-rush outside of Flowers, who does a lot of his best work inside. It's absolutely a need. 

Could say the Patriots do not have great pass rushers and have not for quite some time because they are not willing to pay big bucks for it when they have someone like Chandler Jones.  Clearly that has worked out for them though, will be curious if they pay decent money for Brown because I think he deserves it.  

12 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Offensive line seems as a unit compared to everywhere else. 

yep but Brown becomes FA, Wynn tore achilles and Thuney becomes FA in 2020. But I wouldn't spend a high draft pick there. DL has to be priority #1

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yes, that worked out well for our 9ers, too. Grabbing McG in the 1st ended up being fantastic. Mike is much better in the run game than Trent and was really good vs some very good pass rushing talent. I like our upgrade. Brown seemed to hate run blocking. Glad he could be of use to your team...:D

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Wise is a rotational guy. He's the kind of hard worker you like having on your team, but he's not really a starter. We've rotated through Keionta Davis, Adrian Clayborn, Derek Rivers, John Simon, and Ufomba Kamalu across from Flowers (who needs to be re-signed, but who knows if he will stay). The position absolutely needs help. DT is priority one after Branch fell off last year, Brown regressed, and Shelton didn't really pan out. Safeties are good, but aging; understudies are needed. WR and TE are concerning, too. Next year we have Edelman and . . . well . . . a couple IR / practice squad guys. Gronk may never return to form. Etc.

Archived