NFL Draft 2019 - Team Needs

bomont

9 hours ago, SBLIII said:

pretty much every position on the roster except RB imo.

Crazy talk coming from a team in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I believe you though...the Patriots don't really have a slew of good young talent. While they're in great shape right now with their veterans, that could go POOF at any minute. Gronk and Brady are going to be gone soon, as will be their coach. There are a lot of holes on this roster, but they manage to win because they're so well coached and have an awesome game plan each and every week.

And that's why IMO they are still odds-on favs for another SB.  Who's going to stop them?  The Chargers?  lol.  They've struggled throughout the year even against much lesser teams.  They're going down this weekend, bet the farm.  KC?  With that D?  Possible to win a shoot-out but wouldn't hold your breath, esp after losing Hunt.  Colts?  They've had an amazing ride but after being underrated most of the reg season they are overrated now.  Luck remains inconsistent on his throws and Mack and Ebron are both a picture postcard of inconsistency as well and how long can the D keep playing so far over their heads? 

The AFC is once again a weak a$$ conference just ripe for the taking for a superior-coached team like the Pats.  Even if they don't cheat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11.1.2019 at 2:25 AM, BleedTheClock said:

Crazy talk coming from a team in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I believe you though...the Patriots don't really have a slew of good young talent. While they're in great shape right now with their veterans, that could go POOF at any minute. Gronk and Brady are going to be gone soon, as will be their coach. There are a lot of holes on this roster, but they manage to win because they're so well coached and have an awesome game plan each and every week.

I was half joking, half serious. Lots of spots could be upgraded, some more so than others. If I'm going with the assumption that Brady retires after 2019 and Belichick coaches 3-4 more years, updated team needs:

1) DT

2) DE

3) WR

4) QB

5) TE

For the Jaguars, it's obviously QB as priority need #1.  Whether that's in the draft or not, will change some things for the rest of the draft i think.

Seems entirely plausible that they go the more "veteran FA" route with Foles/Flacco/Tannehill/Whoever...in which case, i think the priority shifts a bit on the draft.  At that point, it means at least Malik Jackson at DT is gone, plus one of the two other DTs in Dareus/Abry Jones.  Might even mean Gipson is gone at FS (much as i'd disagree with that move).  To make cap room.  So those spots become priorities.

But the other top priorities other than QB kinda remain the same whether it's a rookie stepping in, or a veteran FA QB.  Weapons and Support Pieces to make life easier for the QB either way.

They badly need a RT who can also play LT in a pinch, if not outright starting there and moving Cam Robinson to RT.  The other OLine position in need of upgrade is RG or an elite C.  2/3 of IOL positions are pretty much locked in with Linder + Norwell.

They need weapons at WR/TE.  They have probably 4 WRs who can be #2/3ish guys right now with Lee/Westbrook/Cole/Chark.  They need a big body possession guy at the top of the food chain...especially if they end up with Foles or something in the DeFilippo connection.

They have TEs if they keep what they have, but they're completely lacking that Ertz/Goedert type "weapon" TE that would becomes Foles favourite target if they go that direction.  If they go with a different QB direction...that could change entirely though.  Who knows.  Will be looking for an all-around TE either way though.

Bengals-

1. Offensive Line- Huge needs at RT and RG, also could look to develop a LT. With 11 picks we should be grabbing at least 3 offensive linemen

2. Linebacker- Only reliable option at LB next year is Nick Vigil, who is solid yet unspectacular. Burfict is a huge question mark. Need speed and someone who can cover TEs and Running backs

3. Tight End- Depends on what happens with Eifert, Kroft, and Uzomah, all 3 are free agents

4. Defensive Tackle- need someone next to Geno, Billings has been inconsistent

5. Cornerback- If Dennard doesn't resign this need becomes much bigger

6. Quarterback- Someone to develop for the future, or if new head coaches wants his guy

The Chiefs have a new DC and a poorly rated defense. That said, the pass rush was tied for first in sacks which are the sweat and blood of a Spagnuolo defense. That said, there are three rookies that may have significantly larger roles in the new system. They also will lose at least one starter from their record making offense. 

1. DB
  2. Interior OL
  3. DE
  4. LB
  5. RB/TE

Other than a CB or top safety, I would let the draft unfold naturally. They have four picks in the first two days.

J

Archived