Spiderman: Into the spider-verse (2018)

sunnygsm

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

And just in case ppl aren't clear - I've read the classic Spider-man comics in the 80's-90's on & off working in my HS/college job where the comics would come in, and the classic stuff (like Gwen Stacy's death), and the TV animated series when I was a kid/teen (original & 80's-90's series).   Other than that, with my teenage kids, I've read the Spiderverse series with the Morlun, the Superior Spiderman series, and pretty much nothing else.   

And honestly, if you didn't read the Spiderverse comics, you'd still be totally ok with watching this movie, it enriches the experience, but not necessary to follow what's going on.  It's both accessible to new fans who haven't read the comics or even know who Miles Morales is, and yet faithful enough to the comic lore that vet Spidey fans will come away pleased.   Truly a classic origin story movie, and a classic hero in its own right.

Spider-Man Noir's comment about this being a really edgy origin story or something along those lines was one of the better lines in the second half of the movie when the comedy dried up a bit as the plot progression became more important.

32 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Spider-Man Noir's comment about this being a really edgy origin story or something along those lines was one of the better lines in the second half of the movie when the comedy dried up a bit as the plot progression became more important.

Yeah, the self-awareness was another plus.   All the elements of making a great origin story, but just a great standalone movie too.  I forgot to add that this was a classic hero movie in its own right, not just hero lol - fixed.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Is he allowed to say that? Legally?

It was quite fantastic. Well worth paying the money for a true comic animated movie. The movie was funny, comic and dramatic where it needed to be. Soundtrack was on point and fitting. Story had good substance, build and plenty of good twists. The graphics were amazing. At times I thought it was a real life movie. Go watch it...

Went yesterday to see it because it’s about to leave. The animation was cool and unique. Definitely sets it apart from other animated films.

Reminded me of this TMNT movie because of how the turtles meet up with another version of themselves 

250px-Turtles_Forever_Poster.PNG

Archived