What to do with our linebackers? *Not your bleeding ***, or your fat ****

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I mean, he is one of the strong suits of this defense right now. I'm not against seeking an upgrade, but I think the Browns would be better off prioritizing just about every other position on the defense outside of FS before trying to replace Schobert, IMO.

Agreed, I think at least one of the LB positions needs to be upgraded, a big bodied run stuffer to keep our LBs clean, get an interior pass rusher as well, another significant pass rusher opposite of Garrett and try to get at least another starting caliber Corner (which I still love Mitchell) and someone to push BBC at slot. And the crazy thing about it is, we don't even have the slightest idea of what scheme we will be running

I'm not saying Schoebert is the second coming of Butkus, but the overall LB play went up a tick when he came back from injury. I think the whole "back 7"  needs tackling lessons! I can't remember how many times I saw a LB or DB just bump a guy with a shoulder and seem to expect them to fall helpless to the ground! Learn how to tackle! Learn to wrap up! 

Collins looks like he's coasting to me, and Kirksey just doesn't have any speed. I saw a lot of dudes just run away from him. 

Look, as happy as Browns fans are with this last season, this team still has a lot of needs! They have some decent starting talent, but they are what I call "a mile wide and a foot deep". They need better talent in a lot of areas. Just watch the playoffs. It's a different brand of football, and if you want to play there you'd better have playoff level talent!

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, bruceb said:

The way the game is going, LB pass coverage is critical.

Agreed, the old school MLB thumper against the run is phasing out. With more college spread and motion offenses coming into the NFL, one of the most important traits of any new age LB is sideline to sideline speed. Schobert has that. With Collins being put on the chopping block. I wonder how much the Browns would look at Mack Wilson. Dude is built like a tank but is very aggressive and can lay the hammer. Dont know what he will test like, but just watching him play you can tell he has plenty of speed and coverage skills

Archived