Marcedes Lewis won't be a Packer in 2019.

jleisher

Just read that Marcedes Lewis was on Mostly Football on yahoo sport this past Thursday.  Talked about Rodgers ignoring MM plays called in at times and the tension between the two.  Talking bad about Rodgers, guess he wasn't planning on coming back.

Listen to the actual audio clip. He wasn’t bad mouthing Rodgers that’s just how it’s beinf spun.

We wasted Lewis this year. Should have been used far more frequently as an extra blocker especially given our lack of Tackle depth but instead we went with Kendricks who surprise surprise, still can’t catch the ball consistently. 

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I was stoked at the IDEA of a top- notch blocking TE and how he could help the running game.
But the IDEA and the Reality were far apart - and my offseason enthusiasm for his arrival was misplaced

It's a nice idea, but GB is a pass first offense .

36 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

One of the many coaching/scheme questions that emerged this year. You bring in TE’s Graham and Lewis and then fail to take advantage of their strengths.

I think Rodgers did target Graham more than we think in the RZ but most of the time it was either Graham dropped it or it was a poorly thrown ball.

28 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I think Rodgers did target Graham more than we think in the RZ but most of the time it was either Graham dropped it or it was a poorly thrown ball.

I believe Graham had single digit redzone targets this year. I want to say somebody posted he was at 7 targets through 14 weeks or something like that. 

I’m not looking at the Red Zone targets, the Packers just weren’t there enough. But when you bring up Graham, he wasn’t utilized enough either. The offense needed to move better between the 20’s, releases and seems, everything! The TE role in the offense was lacking

1 hour ago, TheGreatZepp said:

One of the many coaching/scheme questions that emerged this year. You bring in TE’s Graham and Lewis and then fail to take advantage of their strengths.

I think it speaks to the challenge the team faces- there are the goals and perspectives of the GM, the goals and perspectives of the coaches, and there are the goals and perspectives of Aaron Rodgers.   None of them were on the same page.

Really hard to know what went on, but what Lewis demonstrated, Rodgers indeed would go school yard in the huddle and make up a play on the spot when he felt like it.

Curious how this plays out going forward.

Just now, TheGreatZepp said:

I’m not looking at the Red Zone targets, the Packers just weren’t there enough. But when you bring up Graham, he wasn’t utilized enough either. The offense needed to move better between the 20’s, releases and seems, everything! The TE role in the offense was lacking

The "Everything but Davante Adams" role in the offense was lacking. 

4 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Listen to the actual audio clip. He wasn’t bad mouthing Rodgers that’s just how it’s beinf spun.

We wasted Lewis this year. Should have been used far more frequently as an extra blocker especially given our lack of Tackle depth but instead we went with Kendricks who surprise surprise, still can’t catch the ball consistently. 

Pretty much this. Honestly, watch the actual interview and not the media clips that are being spun on it. He was comparing Rodgers to Bortles (Asked by the interviewer) and was saying it in a way that Aaron is a man amongst boys at his position and a true genius and I quote "The best ive ever been around." 

Why is it that you feel everything you say requires its own thread? This tweet / interview was literally posted in another thread and could have easily been quoted and chatted about there. #C'monMan

Archived