McCarthy's offense

Pugger

7 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Of course we'll blame the messenger. You post it - you own it here at FF and you've been around long enough to know that
Its a crappy piece written by somebody who doesn't like MM. BFD, there's plenty of those around and he's certainly not offering anything insightful

You thought enough of it to start a new thread, to copy and paste 4 pages of content and to put your name on it. Then when it was met with credible criticism, you step back and say " Hey !  I'm only the messenger "  That BS.

Either own it or don't post it in the first place. We've got plenty of dumb stuff here already.
There's really no need to import more dumb from other, lesser boards.

I have no problem with the criticism.  I wanted to know what folks here thought about it.   I was just disappointed that I was blasted for it.  This kind of behavior towards other posters is a reason why some people no longer post here.  

On 1/5/2019 at 1:51 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which is what every offense should be doing. The Packers lack of no huddle this year was gross. The Bears should have to leave Kahlil Mack in the game for every snap because they know that as soon as they pull him out, we're going no huddle and he's not coming back into the game until we've either scored or punted. He should be having to play every single snap on defense for them, let him try and play 75 snaps straight. 

Does anyone track pace?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Does anyone track pace?

Not that I'm aware of. What I've done in the past to check it is look at what pro football reference has for plays run and TOP per team and try and parse it out that way. Not the best method, but at least it's something.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not that I'm aware of. What I've done in the past to check it is look at what pro football reference has for plays run and TOP per team and try and parse it out that way. Not the best method, but at least it's something.

Definitely feels like the Packers have slowed down a TON in recent years.  And given how long it's taken the Packers to get lined up at the LOS, I'm not sure it's totally on Rodgers.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Definitely feels like the Packers have slowed down a TON in recent years.  And given how long it's taken the Packers to get lined up at the LOS, I'm not sure it's totally on Rodgers.

Agreed completely.

McCarthy at one point said that it was his goal to get Rodgers to the line with 15 seconds left on the playclock each play. 

But I think we used to do a lot more 2 for 1s, where they'd radio in 2 plays per huddle, so you'd get two plays called. I also think there were more plays called while the team was at the LOS in years past and then communicated via Rodgers while everybody was lined up. 

I don't know why the slowdown. 

Yes I do, a lot of youth at the skills.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I have no problem with the criticism.  I wanted to know what folks here thought about it.   I was just disappointed that I was blasted for it.  This kind of behavior towards other posters is a reason why some people no longer post here.  

Don't take it personally. A few people like to play forum police and tell others their content sucks and they should only post certain things. It's quite laughable and entertaining really.... 

Archived