Tavon Wilson, saves $2,950,000

Kenny Wiggins, saves $2,750,000

Sam Martin, saves $2,000,000

Resigned: 

Levine Toilolo,

Zach Zenner

Romeo Okwara

FA:

WR- Adam Humphries- Perfect slot WR that runs GREAT routes, He is an ascending player. (4-5 mil a year)

S- Landon Collins- Matty P like to play 3 S's in his defense and Diggs and Collins have the versatility to play multiple levels with Walker back at FS. (5-6 mil a year)

OLB- Anthony Barr- I had CJ Mosley as our big get but I have changed it to Barr because I doubt the Raven let Mosley get to FA and Barr fits better with his versatility to rush passer and play in coverage. (4-7 mil a year)

CB- Bradley Roby- Young, talented CB who takes over the #2 CB spot. Dont want to go to draft to find a #2 CB because they take too long to develop (7-10 mil a year)

TE- Maxx Williams- Complete TE that hasnt done it in BAL. Cheap flyer type pickup. Guy has talent.

OT- Donovan Smith- More of a RT but has played both sides. I am assuming T.Crosby is starting at a G spot next year so Smith takes over the swing OT spot

Draft:

1- DE/DT- Ed Oliver or Rasean Gary- Versatility to play inside and outside ala Hand is what MP wants in his DL. I think Gary may be higher on their board but I would rather Oliver. A starting DL of Hand-Snacks-Oliver/Gary would be very impressive with ARob and Okwara off the bench.

2- TE- TJ Hockenson- The best TE complete TE in the draft and with Bevell they will prioritize a new TE.

3- WR- David Sills- Big WR that is a redzone threat with over 30 TD catches last 2 seasons.

4- RB- Miles Sanders- Very shifty RB that takes over for Theo as the change of pace for KJ and pass rec out of backfield. The Lions have a solid core of RBs with KJ-Zenner (power guy)- Sanders

5- CB- David Long- Tall, can cover man to man, and is a good tackler. 

6- DT- Dylan Mack- Big athletic DT, run stuffer that can learn from Snacks, He doesnt have a great motor right now so will drop.

6- DE/OLB- Sutton Smith- This guy is a tweener but plays with his hair on fire. This would be my favorite pick of the draft. I think he can move to ILB.

7- BPA

7-  BPA

Not sure what they would have to gain by cutting Riddick and Martin, they aren't strapped for cap space to the point that they need to make excessive cuts. I like the Adam Humphries signing, my hope is that they hire Todd Monken as OC and then bring Humphries along with him. I like some of the positions you hit in the draft. Not necessarily in the order that I would target them and not really many of the players I like at those positions, but I think this is a pretty good projection of what they might do.

2 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Not sure what they would have to gain by cutting Riddick and Martin, they aren't strapped for cap space to the point that they need to make excessive cuts. I like the Adam Humphries signing, my hope is that they hire Todd Monken as OC and then bring Humphries along with him. I like some of the positions you hit in the draft. Not necessarily in the order that I would target them and not really many of the players I like at those positions, but I think this is a pretty good projection of what they might do.

I just think TR and Martin are over paid and really replaceable as a matter of fact I thought Santoso beat out Martin last preseason. I LOVE Adam Humphries! The guy is so smooth in his routes, great hands, good speed, perfect slot WR that can also return kicks. I may sound crazy but he is like priority 1B for me once FA starts (Landon Collins is 1A).

As far as picks go the only one I question that may be too high is David Long. i would like to find an explosive RB to replace TR but draft is a little slim there outside of Bryce Love.

I forgot to mention that I think Marvin Jones gets traded this offseason. Maybe to CLE for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick?

I’m old so it’s taking me a bit of time to fully digest your mock. I will ramble between thoughts.

Great effort here.

i really like your free agency moves and in all honesty haven’t had the heart to get to involved in the prospects. I’m fighting to maintain interest simply because the names change but the results always seem the same.

I like there was Nauta  TE drafted in the first! 🤠

I like Allen in the first. I would like anyone in the first that plays on the line, preferably an edge rusher. So he fits the bill very nicely.

Totally agree with the CB philosophy.

Im going to keep reading your mocks as the draft gets near to see how/if they evolve.

Good job.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont get cutting Lang with an eye on Crosby filling. 

Love Humphries and Collins signings...I think they may command a tad more.

Barr for 7< mil a year? Id be shocked.

Still early in  the draft process for me, but I think I really like it.

Im a big fan of Oliver. I think if we hit on a pass rusher in the 1st, this D can really impress next year.

Not a fan of low motor guys...no matter where in the draft.....see Devin Taylor.

15 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Kerryon, Zenner and a fourth round rookie don't constitute a solid backfield in my opinion. I don't want Gary at 8. Using 3 of the first 4 picks on offense also doesn't work for me.

IDK most of my FA signing would significantly help the defense. I think Zenner is extremely underrated by Lions fans and in a Bevell offense he would be a very, very good #2 RB. Sanders would be the change of pace shifty RB that could take it the distance as well. KJ is obviously a stud and will be the workhorse if he stays healthy.

I would be pissed if they took Gary at 8. He's extremely overrated because of his physical skills imo.

I've always said if Gary had the skill and motor of Winovich (who is far superior in both) he'd be unstoppable... Unfortunately he doesn't, he got by in college on his physical ability alone and has a LOT of work to do to be NFL ready.

I might not even put him in the top 5 pass rushers in this draft right now... Potential sure but not when it comes to where he is at now and I've always been nervous about drafting high potential guys who need a lot of work in the top 10.

When it comes to the front 7 the guys I'd be happy with are.

Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen , Oliver, Ferrel, Wilkins, and White

Obviously Bosa and Williams will be long gone by 8... Probably Allen too. But if we can get either of the others I feel like we'll be in pretty good shape for the 1st. 

Personally I would prefer an edge guy like Allen or Ferrel and would be thrilled with either of them.

(I would have Simmons on the list of players I'd be happy with if not for the off the field stuff but because of that I'm not interested)

I'd also be fine with Greedy Williams or Baker if they decided to go DB but would really prefer a pass rusher.

10 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I would be pissed if they took Gary at 8. He's extremely overrated because of his physical skills imo.

I've always said if Gary had the skill and motor of Winovich (who is far superior in both) he'd be unstoppable... Unfortunately he doesn't, he got by in college on his physical ability alone and has a LOT of work to do to be NFL ready.

I might not even put him in the top 5 pass rushers in this draft right now... Potential sure but not when it comes to where he is at now and I've always been nervous about drafting high potential guys who need a lot of work in the top 10.

When it comes to the front 7 the guys I'd be happy with are.

Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen , Oliver, Ferrel, Wilkins, and White

Obviously Bosa and Williams will be long gone by 8... Probably Allen too. But if we can get either of the others I feel like we'll be in pretty good shape for the 1st. 

Personally I would prefer an edge guy like Allen or Ferrel and would be thrilled with either of them.

(I would have Simmons on the list of players I'd be happy with if not for the off the field stuff but because of that I'm not interested)

I'd also be fine with Greedy Williams or Baker if they decided to go DB but would really prefer a pass rusher.

You are severely under rating Gary. He is a freak athlete that plays the run very well and can rush from DT or DE spot.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:12 PM, BZski said:

You are severely under rating Gary. He is a freak athlete that plays the run very well and can rush from DT or DE spot.

He's a freak athlete that has no pass rush moves to speak of and got by solely on that freak athleticism in college... And even then he didn't perform anywhere near as well as he should have as a pass rusher. As I said he has elite potential because of his athleticism but he has a ton of work to do before he's going to be an impact player in the NFL and I don't want a project guy in the top 10 which is exactly what he is.

• 1 month later...

Archived