Jump to content
TheKillerNacho

Offseason/Coaching Rumors, 2019 Edition

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, Kliff could always ask Hue what he would do and then do the opposite. That could be valuable.

44-11-1 would be a great record.

Edited by DoleINGout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hue was a very good OC. Don’t see an issue with him interviewing to be one again. 

I never bought into that. Hue was with Dalton during his career year otherwise meh in Cincy. Hue coached Flacco his first two years to an 84 rating and 35 TD and 24 INT, that is who Flacco was his entire career I don't know if Hue deserves a lot of that credit. He had a bad offensive roster in Washington and didn't get anything out of them, he had bad QBs in Atlants and didn't get anything out of the offense, 4 and 5 wins in those stints. Did well with the Raiders his year there, rushed for 2500 yards but his QBs didn't do much, primarily Campbell, they finished 8-8. Campbell didn't do much with Hue as the head coach the following year and Palmer had his worst (half) season once they got him. The next QB with a 90 rating in Hue's offense will be the 2nd in Hue's career, the only time it happened was in Dalton's big year. Okay, Cody Kessler did it as a part time starter in 2016 as the 3rd string QB but the team was still in the 70's for a rating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst part of the results yesterday is that now the Bengals and Dolphins both have to wait another two weeks lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The worst part of the results yesterday is that now the Bengals and Dolphins both have to wait another two weeks lol

Tell me about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 11:20 PM, Thomas5737 said:

I never bought into that. Hue was with Dalton during his career year otherwise meh in Cincy. Hue coached Flacco his first two years to an 84 rating and 35 TD and 24 INT, that is who Flacco was his entire career I don't know if Hue deserves a lot of that credit. He had a bad offensive roster in Washington and didn't get anything out of them, he had bad QBs in Atlants and didn't get anything out of the offense, 4 and 5 wins in those stints. Did well with the Raiders his year there, rushed for 2500 yards but his QBs didn't do much, primarily Campbell, they finished 8-8. Campbell didn't do much with Hue as the head coach the following year and Palmer had his worst (half) season once they got him. The next QB with a 90 rating in Hue's offense will be the 2nd in Hue's career, the only time it happened was in Dalton's big year. Okay, Cody Kessler did it as a part time starter in 2016 as the 3rd string QB but the team was still in the 70's for a rating.

I'm honestly not sure we know what Hue Jackson is as an OC.

He's held that title 4 times in the pros.

1st time was with Washington in 2003, with Steve Spurrier.  Spurrier kind of had his own offensive thing, so it wasn't all Hue's.  Then Spurrier is fired after 2003 and Hue goes packing with him.  So he only had a year.

2nd time was with the Falcons in 2007.  That was the Bobby Petrino walkout year.  Again, the whole place gets cleaned out after only a year.

3rd time is in Oakland, 2010.  Tom Cable gets canned that year, and Hue again only gets one year to implement his offense.

4th time, finally, he gets two whole years to implement his system.  And it was really good in 2015 (his second year, the first time he made it 2 years as an OC).

What can we draw from this?  Probably a whole lot of nothing.  As far as all his experience as a position coach, i think it's really disingenuous to pick out some broad stats from the guys under him and make any claims with it.  Either in a good or bad way.  You need some bigger data sets, and preferably with different players.

All i know is, i wouldn't hire the guy as a HC.  I'd consider him for OC, but i wouldn't get locked into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dolphins have granted Dowell Loggains permission to sign with other teams. Only a matter of time before he's named Jets OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 7:54 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

Dolphins have granted Dowell Loggains permission to sign with other teams. Only a matter of time before he's named Jets OC.

Your message posted at 7:54 AM.

NFL article (that you also posted) at 5:18 PM.

That's moving

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×