Offseason/Coaching Rumors, 2019 Edition

TheKillerNacho

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Bruce Arians deal with the bucs expected tomorrow per Rappaport.  Also Mike Munchak has stayed in Denver expecting  deal after they interview Vic Fangio

Terrible decision by the Broncos. There was nothing that Mike Munchak did as HC in Tennessee that gave any indication he'd be a successful HC. Apparently he's a really good, well prepared interviewer... but frankly, he just wasted the franchise's time.

52 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Terrible decision by the Broncos. There was nothing that Mike Munchak did as HC in Tennessee that gave any indication he'd be a successful HC. Apparently he's a really good, well prepared interviewer... but frankly, he just wasted the franchise's time.

Nah cuz now they're going to trade for Ben Roethlisberger. Munchak is there for the offensive line issues. I give him 2 years, 3 max.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Inversely, Fangio is apparently not a great interviewer (not surprised, just watch his media bits.  They are great and hard nosed,  but nothing ever in depth or "head coach like" .  He's not a motivator as much as he's a fantastic talent developer and great with the x's and o's), and has been on record saying that he's put 0 time into preparing for his interview for Denver.

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, that's how i get jobs. Then they see my quality of work, and they are like, "Crap. We screwed up"

That's what happened with Trestman and the Bears, too.:D

So...let's see...we got Munchak to the Broncos, Arians to the Bucs, McCarthy to the Jets. There's...what? Five left? (Unless O'Brien gets canned?)

I wonder if Jackson gets promoted in Cincy, and Williams stays in Cleveland. And as far as I know, the only team McDaniels put in with was the Packers.Things are gettin' weird...

Granted, the interviews are for offensive coordinator, but the Broncos are also hoping their new head coach is willing to put Kubiak to work as their new OC.  

As they wait to fill their head-coaching vacancy, the Denver Broncos have blocked other teams from trying to hire away former head coach Gary Kubiak as an offensive coordinator, league sources told ESPN.

Both the Atlanta Falcons and Cincinnati Bengals have requested permission to interview Kubiak, who currently works as a senior personnel adviser with the Broncos, for their offensive coordinator jobs.

But Denver plans to keep Kubiak, according to sources, and would like him to work with whomever the Broncos hire as their next head coach, if that hire is open to that arrangement.

Kubiak is considered one of the top offensive coordinator candidates around the league. He still is under contract with Denver, and the Broncos can deny him from leaving.

Kubiak would like to stay in Denver anyway, sources said.

Kubiak, 57, went 21-11 in two seasons as the Broncos' head coach and guided Denver to a victory in Super Bowl 50. He stepped away from coaching after the 2016 season, citing health issues.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25696938/denver-broncos-blocking-teams-interviewing-gary-kubiak-offensive-coordinator-openings

Just now, Boltstrikes said:

Why would he even want to interview for an OC position? I don’t get this. I mean if he’s healthy and wants it is the Broncos HC by default? Who else would they hire if he would take the job?

Vic Fangio hopefully.  Two old timer coordinators teaming up.  Make it happen, Elway. 

27 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Why would he even want to interview for an OC position? I don’t get this. I mean if he’s healthy and wants it is the Broncos HC by default? Who else would they hire if he would take the job?

Probably doesn't want the full responsibility of a HC anymore. Too stressful and he has suffered for it in the past.

Archived