Offseason/Coaching Rumors, 2019 Edition

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, Forge said:

So I wonder what becomes of Adam Gase at this point. I really thought he was going to be lined up as a HC candidate for other teams, but that doesn't appear to be the case. There's also already several fewer OC openings. 

Apparently he was interviewed for the Jets head coaching vacancy.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

Apparently Bowles to the Bears is still a possibility, Bowles hasn't signed a deal with Tampa and there is mutual interest, according to Chicago media

Juicy.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

So I wonder what becomes of Adam Gase at this point. I really thought he was going to be lined up as a HC candidate for other teams, but that doesn't appear to be the case. There's also already several fewer OC openings. 

Unless he's willing to take a non-play calling OC gig, I think that he's going to spend a year out of the game.  I think the only openings are Dolphins (just got fired), Titans, Lions, Bengals, and Jets.  Recent rumblings have the Jets leaning towards Rhule for their gig, but could pair him with Gase.

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Don’t know how I feel by the probable Matt Rhule hire. Would love to get some outside perspective.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KristianRDyer/status/1083107746218676224?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Seems like a solid hiring. McCarthy seems safe but low ceiling. I don't expect the Jets to really progress under McCarthy however much it might help Darnold develop a little bit.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, DoleINGout said:

Right now, what do we think?

TB: Bruce Arians

MIA: Brian Flores

DEN: Mike Munchak

GB: Matt LeFleur

CLE: Freddie Kitchens

NYJ: Mike McCarthy

ARI: Cliff Kingsbury

CIN: Zac Taylor

So Munchak was passed up in favor of Fangio, who was reportedly the favorite, but I thought Munchak would be hired because of his offensive line expertise. Also looks like a coin flip between Kris Richard (the better choice) and Brian Flores for the Dolphins. McCarthy is second or third place for a lot of teams; looks like Matt Rhule will coach the Jets.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

Seems like Bucs have a huge advantage on adding coaches with Arians who's been around the league and having both coordinators choose.

IIRC, he worked with Arians in PIT. I guess he'll be sharing duties with Goodwin?

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Don’t know how I feel by the probable Matt Rhule hire. Would love to get some outside perspective.

He's always seemed like a future NFL HC. I've been impressed with him in college. His teams are tough, physical, and play with an edge. Has turned around multiple programs now.

5 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah, let's make an all-college pass-happy coaching staff. I don't see how that could go wrong.

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

I hear Mike Tomlin can be had for a six pack of Iron City and a $50 dollar gift card to Primanti's. If you have a job opening, it would be negligent to not act now.

I read a something yesterday from Florio on PF about a radio host suggesting Tomlin is available... but wait, is he really?

Archived