Arians front-runner for Bucs job

DirtyDez

45 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Would be a nice fit with Jameis as long as BA is healthy enough to return to coaching and he worked with Licht in AZ.  Could the Cards get a 4th rounder here?

I don't think they have to trade for him, do they?

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't think they have to trade for him, do they?

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2019/01/04/bucs-coaching-playoffs-narrowing-the-field-of-candidates-to-four/

While we're at it, Bruce Arians is technically still tied to a deal with Arizona. A trade there should be much more akin to the fourth-round pick Edwards cost the Chiefs

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Arians is a nice QB coach and was a pretty solid head coach, but I think he should hire an OC that does the playcalling, because he is horrid at it.  

I think he was fine in AZ but now that he’s older maybe he won’t be as sharp.  However his personality will be good for Jameis.  Koetter just seemed like a cardboard personality that didn’t have the juice for that team.  Plus he could probably bring in Bowles.

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:

I think he was fine in AZ but now that he’s older maybe he won’t be as sharp.  However his personality will be good for Jameis.  Koetter just seemed like a cardboard personality that didn’t have the juice for that team.  Plus he could probably bring in Bowles.

Well, in both Pittsburgh and Indy, his situational playcalling was always terrible.   Too often he called long developing pass plays when the OLine couldnt pass block.   

Arians best bet is going to a team that has a good pass blocking OLine.    Not sure how good the Bucs line is, but they better build it up for Jameis if they are going to pair him up with Arians.

Archived