Arians front-runner for Bucs job

DirtyDez

17 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

It would be a good move for the offense, but that D needs help.

Who would he get to run the D,  Chuck Pagano if he does not get the Denver job?

It's already been rumored that it's Bowles, as Jrry said. 

3 hours ago, 49ers Finest said:

I thought he retired due to health issues? He is now better within a year?

Had health issues his last season in AZ and saw the team trending south.  Retired, took a year off and was worse at broadcasting than he thought.  Now he wants back.  That’s my opinion.

33 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Hm, a 67yr old with one playoff win in his career as a HC.

I like Arians well enough, but don't quite understand the full blown adoration.

And if his o-line isn't top notch, constantly gets his QB killed with all the long developing routes.

On 1/5/2019 at 7:22 PM, DirtyDez said:

Had health issues his last season in AZ and saw the team trending south.  Retired, took a year off and was worse at broadcasting than he thought.  Now he wants back.  That’s my opinion.

As I'd pointed out in another thread, he'd be a stellar "bridge"-HC.  Not sure I can see him as someone that's going to stick around past age 70, but I could definitely see him doing the Kiffin or Lebeau type capacity where he gets the ship righted and the culture in place and turns it over to his chosen and groomed coach-in-waiting while he takes either a spot in the FO or steps away for a year or two and comes back in an advisory capacity.

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

His teams have fairly consistently performed better than they should have outside of maybe 2016? His age shouldn't be a factor unless you think he's retiring. He's younger than Carroll.

I don't think it's adoration, just more or less that he's viewed as a good coach and it's a good hire. I mean, I'd rather have him than munchak and probably half the others who still land hc jobs this off-season

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

he won 11 games with Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley throwing almost 60% of passes that season. He won 8 games with Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert throwing 65% of the passes that year. He averaged 10 wins per season with Palmer and Stanton (Palmer got hurt enough over those 5 years to count him). I remember reading about how he outperformed the Pythagorean wins projecting thing like every year even tho teams that do usually regress the next year. 

Archived