What makes TY Hilton so good?

Hunter2_1

On 1/10/2019 at 1:47 PM, rich homie said:

Mans was the receiving champ 2 years ago. If Hilton's not a "true #1" then there are only around 6 or 7 of them in the NFL

He was the Receiving Champ in a  season where Julio sat out 2 games and had less than 40 less yards...

On 1/10/2019 at 1:47 PM, rich homie said:

Mans was the receiving champ 2 years ago. If Hilton's not a "true #1" then there are only around 6 or 7 of them in the NFL

Which is probably not too far off. There are alot of very good #2's and 3's in the league but not too many true #1's.

True #1 WRs in my estimation at least:

Julio Jones
Odell Beckham
Mike Evans
DeAndre Hopkins
Tyreek Hill
Mike Thomas
Adam Thielen
Antonio Brown

some people might add AJ Green based on track record, but IMO he's falling off. Davante Adams and Smith-Schuster are probably right there too. The Dallas version of Amari Cooper looks like he could be that guy too, now. So 11-12 guys, somewhere in that neighborhood. but IMO.

20 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

True #1 WRs in my estimation at least:

Julio Jones
Odell Beckham
Mike Evans
DeAndre Hopkins
Tyreek Hill
Mike Thomas
Adam Thielen
Antonio Brown

some people might add AJ Green based on track record, but IMO he's falling off. Davante Adams and Smith-Schuster are probably right there too. The Dallas version of Amari Cooper looks like he could be that guy too, now. So 11-12 guys, somewhere in that neighborhood. but IMO.

I won't go any further in this argument because this isn't the thread for it. But my list of true #1's would be: 

AB
Julio
OBJ
Nuk
AJ
Hill

After that, we starting getting into the grey area. I value longevity more than I think most though.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:40 AM, SmittyBacall said:

First of all, how do you define "True #1's"? 

How exactly has Green fallen off?

And how does Davante Adams not qualify for your interpretation of a #1?

I included Green and Adams as #1's. That's why I said there are 11-12 of them. I'm giving those players the benefit of the doubt and including them even though they're a notch behind the very top people on the list.

If you don't like it, simply make your own list.

1 hour ago, Destructo Spin said:

I included Green and Adams as #1's. That's why I said there are 11-12 of them. I'm giving those players the benefit of the doubt and including them even though they're a notch behind the very top people on the list.

If you don't like it, simply make your own list.

You didn’t answer anything I asked.

If you’re going to make a claim, expect a reaction. You don’t need to get defensive. I was just looking for an explanation.

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

You didn’t answer anything I asked.

If you’re going to make a claim, expect a reaction. You don’t need to get defensive. I was just looking for an explanation.

My claim is that those guys probably should be included in a list of #1 WRs.

Not sure exactly what your beef is, here.

6 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

My claim is that those guys probably should be included in a list of #1 WRs.

Not sure exactly what your beef is, here.

You’re backpedaling. I don’t understand how AJ Green and Davante Adams aren’t “true #1’s”. You kept Green and Adams off your list. “Some people would include them”, and it looks like you’re insinuating you’re not one of those people. Why then, aren’t they included? What’s your parameters for a #1, and how don’t they fit your definition?

And even if I’m misinterpreting the way you listed them. Why doesn’t Green or Adams make the list you provided? How are they on the fence?

8 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

You’re backpedaling. I don’t understand how AJ Green and Davante Adams aren’t “true #1’s”. You kept Green and Adams off your list. “Some people would include them”, and it looks like you’re insinuating you’re not one of those people. Why then, aren’t they included? What’s your parameters for a #1, and how don’t they fit your definition?

And even if I’m misinterpreting the way you listed them. Why doesn’t Green or Adams make the list you provided? How are they on the fence?

both of their names are in the post. I added all the names up and said it's a list of 11-12 people. Do you see 11-12 players besides those two? No, right? So if I'm saying 11 or 12 and I listed those two as part of the 11 or 12, that would include them on the list, right?

Not sure what you're not understanding about this here. I said they are #1 WRs. I started from a list of no-doubters (IMO) and then added from there. I don't know why you insist on trying to start an argument over this.

Archived