Offseason Trades

Moose85

3 hours ago, Danand said:

If a team is looking at Flacco, it would make very much sense for them also to look at John Brown. Those two had immediate chemistry and could intrigue a team with needs at both positions.

I've thought about that too. It's a rare opportunity for a team. Brown might even take a little less to play with Joe. Someone is going to jump on it. 

6 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

How about Flacco for Fournette? 

What does fournette really offer? He is a below 4 yards per average, which ofc has something to do with the scheme and offensive situation on the Jaguars team, but I don't see the significant upside with him going forward. In 2 years we would have to pay him a significant amount and we would do it for a runningback who in 2 years have fought injuries and is currently talking himself out of a team that drafted him high in the 1. round.

Doesn't sound like a prospect I would bet on.

15 hours ago, Danand said:

What does fournette really offer? He is a below 4 yards per average, which ofc has something to do with the scheme and offensive situation on the Jaguars team, but I don't see the significant upside with him going forward. In 2 years we would have to pay him a significant amount and we would do it for a runningback who in 2 years have fought injuries and is currently talking himself out of a team that drafted him high in the 1. round.

Doesn't sound like a prospect I would bet on.

Yeah I’d much rather have that 3rd/4th round pick than Fournette. At least with the pick we can upgrade the OL to upgrade our running game.

8 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

The Jags are offering a 3/4th round pick for Flacco? What are your sources? 

Speculation from fans and media. Jaguars have a playoff roster now but no QB, and they could use an experienced QB to take advantage of that window.

13 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

The Jags are offering a 3/4th round pick for Flacco? What are your sources? 

Many have speculated that Fournette could get traded for a 3rd round pick. Similarly we’ve speculated that Flacco could earn some sort of conditional 3rd/4th round pick.

You mentioned Flacco for Fournette, thus implying similar trade value for both players... thus my response.

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Many have speculated that Fournette could get traded for a 3rd round pick. Similarly we’ve speculated that Flacco could earn some sort of conditional 3rd/4th round pick.

You mentioned Flacco for Fournette, thus implying similar trade value for both players... thus my response.

Ok. So what if the Jags offered a 6th rounder for Flacco, or Fournette? The problem is, it takes two to make a deal, and the Jags are not going to want to give up those picks. It's easy to come up with great deals when the other side isn't involved in negotiations. 

Archived